2006 M7 EFI Lean Condition?? HELP!!

Kingkolbasa

Reaction score
On a recent trip to Blue River, my '06 M7 seemed to be running quite lean and only topping out at 7600 RPM? Pulled the plugs and was quite concerned with the colour as well. The sled has no mods and is bone stock. Tried to adjust the secondary spring tension by rotating the adjuster out. this did not help my cause. I was also thinking that perhaps my ECM may be on the fritz as well due to the mapping being completely off. Had the machine in the same area last year and had no problem pulling 8000-8100 RPM with no problem. I have been running regular 87 octane since I got the sled and have not done anything else in terms of tweaking or performance mods. Any guidance or suggestions would be completely appreciated!

Last edited:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rotating the adjuster in will gain rpm not out, fuel pressure can be an issue as the way you described as it seems to affect both cylinders should be 42-47 psi but these sleds run fat so you would be down quite low on pressure to have a lean condition an I guess rule out all the regular stuff like fogging some ether around all seals and throttle bodies and inspect the rear brake light harness for chafing through as when it grounds out weird stuff happens as well

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may be sucking air in from a seal or a cracked boot, Try spraying starting fluid around the crank seals and any rubber boots while idling, if the engine revs up you have air leaking by. Don't overdo it with the spray, it doesn't take much.

Kingkolbasa

Reaction score
Alright thanks allot guys , Ill tee into the fuel line and measure the pressure, and adjust my secondary clutch by increasing spring tension, and air check the intake. ill keep you posted.

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ethanol in the fuel, there is plug that needs be unplugged by the ecm.
If i remember correctly, my sled is not here for me to look at sorry.

On the ecm it should tell you, to plug it in or unplug depending on fuel.
This affects it, worth looking into.

Kingkolbasa

Reaction score
Great thanks I'll check into that plug, the fuel pressure is good at 43 psi and no air leaks with the ether test on crank seals or intake boots. I also pulled the injectors and checked the inlet screens for dirt or anything. They are clean. The previous owner had a power commander in it. And the sled had a low end bog, momentary.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe unplugging richens it for ethanol

If ethanol in the fuel, there is plug that needs be unplugged by the ecm.
If i remember correctly, my sled is not here for me to look at sorry.

On the ecm it should tell you, to plug it in or unplug depending on fuel.
This affects it, worth looking into.

Top Bottom