2006 bombarier outlander 400xt poblems

leftyq

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if anyone would know whats going on with this. quad is having a hard time running have to keep the throttle on for it to stay idling, choke isnt working either. put new spark plug in and same issue. so i pulled that one out and it was covered in oil and fuel after about a minute of running. anyone have any ideas.
thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if anyone would know whats going on with this. quad is having a hard time running have to keep the throttle on for it to stay idling, choke isnt working either. put new spark plug in and same issue. so i pulled that one out and it was covered in oil and fuel after about a minute of running. anyone have any ideas.
thanks
kind of sounds like the choke is stuck on, yank the carb and have a look. sometimes the choke cable will fray or bend, happened to mine right behind the lever itself. intead of pushing back into the cable it bent onto itself and wouldn't go in.

mudbug

Reaction score
I guess it would be helpful too know how many km/hour's on this unit. If your over a 1000 klicks you should have your valves adjusted this will cause poor starting fouled plugs etc :rolleyes:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it would be helpful too know how many km/hour's on this unit. If your over a 1000 klicks you should have your valves adjusted this will cause poor starting fouled plugs etc :rolleyes:
I disagree, I have around 3000km on mine and the valves have never been adjusted and it runs fine. a friend of mine has 10,000 kms on his '04 400 XT and it has never had a valve adjustment either.

the OP hasn't checked this thread since 3 days after he started it.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both stuck choke cables and valves out of adjustment can lead to the same kind of symptoms. Valves out of adjustment doesn't usually foul plugs to the same extent however.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
U may need a carb job, im suspecting the pilot is plugged.
If ur mechanically inclined u can do this easy, but if ur not, get a shop to do it. I've seen too many customer fixes that come to me worse than what originally happened.

Top Bottom