133 to 136

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody moved the front suspension bolts back 1-1/2 to take up the excess slack in the different track length? i heard that you can do this without moving the rear bolts... i'm not real eager to change my drivers and go with rail extensions

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did do this too a 1991 indy 500 and had no problems but i did have too get a set off drop backets for the rear hole and lower the rear suspension so it would work properly , i tried it first without but it made my suspension sag,cheap too do you can either mke a set or buy them,mountain majic sells them or modify yours

Curt

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
You can put a offset axle in backwards and run bigger wheels to get the extra length.

irishgreen4

Reaction score
What the hell finkous! I just asked this question and you told me you could do it no problem without moving the rear bolts!

taggart

Reaction score
I did that on an old 88 indy 650, I moved every thing back 1", and down on the front 1", I think the rear just came back 1" maybe down a bit, with new drop brackets worked wicked. Setting it up this way made it react like the gen-2 tipped rails, the old girl would catwalk like nothing. After clutching, a Comet-108, the 136-2" this sled out climbed a stock 02 RMK 700 with a 144-2" It all worked for me.

Top Bottom