100 Mile Assault.......King of Boat Anchors!!!

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow checked an 2009 Polaris Assault 800 in Spring.......Had to wait until December 15 to be delivered..........put 80 miles on in the mountains (McBride) ran awesome.......put 20 miles on at home...........4 feet less snow.......equals a snow ingested 800cc boat anchor!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dealer said it was snow ingestion!!!!!! Where do I ride this thing, on the water, on the hard packed ground in the summer????? WTF!!!!! Any other Assault owners experienced snow ingestion in a foot and a half of snow, that would blow up your motor?!?! Please do tell of any problems.........I'm interested in what caused them!!!! :confused::confused::rant::rant::eek::beer::beer:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sceptical about buying EFI.....kinda always been about the carbed machines.....I'm a diehard Polaris guy, this kind of crap is unacceptable!!! Probably going to be another 900 fiasco from a few years back......wonderful!!!!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cough......Cough...........:trustme:

f148e49e-12ef-4e12-8282-8d34d86b64a.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M8 Kitty Cat is a nice sled, I rode her when my 03' puked her guts out at the start of the season, but not as nice as the polaris is and never will be. For being an 09' I was happy with it but at the end of the day I would have rather rode my ol' 03' POLARIS ~! Sorry to hear about your loss, I know how you feel. I'm sure Polaris will warrenty it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I know of 4 "new" polaris 800's popping the motors now........ I feel for ya.... I really thought this was gonna be the resurection of polaris, or is it???

M

mattmedic

tricked out my assault, the works, just rolled the 100 mile mark no problems, a buddy had his in real deep pow over the hood, no problems either, rode mine today what a blast, pulled hard and getting better..... hope your luck changes...

M

mattmedic

I know of 4 "new" polaris 800's popping the motors now........ I feel for ya.... I really thought this was gonna be the resurection of polaris, or is it???
I heard most of the problems have been with that ethenol/ non-ethenol wire, plugged in and blowing motors when should have unplugged the wires..., have to be aware of the gas you use, and lady luck will shine on you......

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had that unplugged and informed me of it when I picked it up. I personally think it's the new CFI 4 that's the problem but they don't want to admit it....all the new polaris owners would crap in their pants if they did. I don't understand how it would have ingested snow.....the dealer was sure to point out the new intake and say that it was the end to snow ingestion. Another thing is that they are rebuilding the motor......Brand new sled with 100 miles on it with a rebuilt engine......wonderful!!!! The last two polaris sleds I've bought have given my grief....my 2008 600 RMK kept going through reed valves......I'm not sure what to do next?!?!

M

mattmedic

They had that unplugged and informed me of it when I picked it up. I personally think it's the new CFI 4 that's the problem but they don't want to admit it....all the new polaris owners would crap in their pants if they did. I don't understand how it would have ingested snow.....the dealer was sure to point out the new intake and say that it was the end to snow ingestion. Another thing is that they are rebuilding the motor......Brand new sled with 100 miles on it with a rebuilt engine......wonderful!!!! The last two polaris sleds I've bought have given my grief....my 2008 600 RMK kept going through reed valves......I'm not sure what to do next?!?!
the new intake your talking about does it look any differently, i have the air horn kit installed on mine, but will have a look when im off of work to see if there is any way snow can get in????, is there any other way to seal up the light to hood area thanks forthe info.....

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the guys on this sight are tellin' me that there are kits......why the hell should we have to buy kits!!!!! This is sounding like another 900 fiasco. Everyone bought those machines and then ended up having to put all this aftermarket stuff on the sled just to get it to run in the snow......Why????? I would think if your a manufacturer you would have this fixed before you put it on the market. I'm sure if I go to the dealer and say "Put an aftermarket screen kit in and charge it back to Polaris" he's going to tell me to go get bent!!!! I'm not sure what to tell you, but approach your dealer about it.....one person isn't going to raise any question, we need like 10,000.

saskboy

Reaction score
I have just Squeeked my Assault 510 miles on it and I'm not a happy camper, I was riding in about 2 feet of powder aswell as some trails on and off all day. I was using premium fuel with the ethenol wire plugged in not sure what happend inside the mill yet as we are on a 3 day ride in north sask. and we are 1 day from where we spotted the truck, the rest of the group carried on this morning and I am stuck waiting for them to come back a get me. At least I have internet and can view S&M all day. I thought when you invest in new iron your not supposed to have those nasty engine troubles??????? I am almost done venting but i will spare you the rest. I hope it snow lots while I'm waiting!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also seen some that have broken motor mounts bolts with like 5ookm's on them.. And have also heard of a few people now that have blown out the new walker shocks on the rear of the dragons.. Motor issues.. Got one at the shop right now that has a pipe sensor failure and it has 300 km's on it.. Havn't had any isssues really with the '09 cats at the shop.. The '08 cats have some comp issues but you just unplug them then plugem back in and 99% of the time they are good to go.. Hope polaris gets there crap together cause it seemed like they were startin to build a decent unit again, but now not so sure..

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if Polaris has been covering these under warranty? I agree that we shouldnt have to go and buy extra filter kits to protect these sleds that are built to run in the back country. Polaris needs to step up and do the right thing.

Has this been happening on the Dragon also?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like Poo has some problems on their hands...Doo should be happy to have some of the attention taken away from them...lol...
Sorry to hear about the problems, in this day in age the Manufactures should be able to make a sled that is near flawless off the floor....should be able to!!!

Top Bottom