09 m1000

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make your ride more enjoyable by being able to see your gauge while standing. Add some type of aftermarket relocation bracket like Wildchilds or AMP. Both work well and make viewing your guage while standing more comfortable. Best $100 bucks you can spend on your cat. IMO

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f456/gauge-relocation-options-18387.html

If you want to spend a couple of dollars more, get rid of that rear fox float. Replace it with a good coil over like an Exit one.

Engine mods not always the first place to start spending money.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys have been replacin the float rear with the stock rear stock off of a 2011 standard M8 as it is a fox zero pro coil over and it's about 500.00 i beleive complete.

mark4

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the mbrp can loses 5 hp over anyones can, thats not true, we have tested 5 different cans with 2 different M1000's one day of testing and found good results with 2 of them. and the mbrp was good.
For pipe, the most power comes from the Y pipe, the pipe added very little for the money.
Best gain comes from clutching, and Y pipe, next is head and porting, for money wise and these M1000's rock.
I have all the Terra Alps racing products on mine, started with clutching which was a huge difference right from the start, then Y pipe and air intake horn kit, then installed billit head and ported it.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what people are trying to say here is be prepared to spend about $3000 for a pipe, air intake, gauges, clutching and suspension changes! LOL.

I came off an M7 that was pretty much stock, I had fun with mine BONE STOCK for the first half of the season in '07. She's modded now with all the above minus a turbo. Had many issues with it. Programmer issues, clutch issues, electrical failures, gearbox failures, airbox issues etc...

Over the 4 years I've owned my m1000, it has spent (and I shhiit you not), a total of ONE ENTIRE season in a shop getting worked on. Some people say it was a lemon, some people say it's bad luck, I'm not too sure. But it ruined a lot of days riding.
Difference here is that I live in the mtns, I sled from my house and I got LOTS of time off. Everyday she'd throw a weight or crack a roller or bog away, I'd just go home and either wrench on it or drive it to a shop. And then be back out the next day. Well maybe not back out immediately. It's had a couple month long stints sitting in shops waiting for whatever inter-departmental snafu to clear up.
I know exactly where Tofield is, she's 6 hours minimum to the mtns. I'd enjoy your trips to the Mtns first, have fun on sled and get to know what you don't like about it before spending away. Have it pull on your arms for a few days and make it back to work and brag to your friends in the coffee room. Then start modding a bit at a time. There's plenty of guys on this post alone that would take you out and show you some backcountry (myself included) that have modded M1s. You'd see what you liked and didn't like. M1000's bone stock are all a little different, run different, sound different. Then you go M1000 modded, they ARE ALL different. I've had my buddy's fuel numbers not even allowing my sled run they were so rich- and on their sled numbers ran awesome.

Hope my post don't discourage you too much, I just hate seeing my friends in the same boat as you; driving 7hrs from Calgary and be stuck with the hood open and out of beer at the cabin.

Ah yes, and congrats of the new sled, welcome to the club!

08 m1000, 5000 or more miles

Last edited:

trailrider

Reaction score
I think what people are trying to say here is be prepared to spend about $3000 for a pipe, air intake, gauges, clutching and suspension changes! LOL.

I came off an M7 that was pretty much stock, I had fun with mine BONE STOCK for the first half of the season in '07. She's modded now with all the above minus a turbo. Had many issues with it. Programmer issues, clutch issues, electrical failures, gearbox failures, airbox issues etc...

Over the 4 years I've owned this sled, it has spend and I shhiit you not, a total of ONE ENTIRE season in a shop getting worked on. Some people say it was a lemon, some people say it's bad luck, I'm not too sure. But it ruined a lot of days riding.
Difference here is that I live in the mtns, I sled from my house. Everyday she'd throw a weight or crack a roller or bog away, I'd just go home and either wrench on it or drive it to a shop. And then be back out the next day.
I know exactly where Tofield is, she's 6 hours minimum to the mtns. I'd enjoy your trips to the Mtns first, have fun on sled and get to know what you don't like about it before spending away. Have it pull on your arms for a few days and make it back to work and bragg to your friends in the coffee room. Then start modding a bit at a time. There's plenty of guys on this post alone that would take you out and show you some backcountry (myself included) that have modded M1s. You'd see what you liked and didn't like. M1000 bone stock are all a little different, run different, sound different. Then you go M1000 modded, they ARE ALL different. I've had my buddy's fuel numbers not even letting my sled run they were so rich- and on their sled numbers ran awesome.

Hope my post don't discourage you too much, I just hate seeing my friends in the same boat as you driving 7hrs from calgary and be stuck with the hood open and out of beer at the cabin.

Ah yes, and congrats of the new sled, welcome to the club!

No you did not discourage me, I have modded sleds this is not my first sled just my first new one. Bought the wife a new one in 08 so it is my turn. I am no stranger to wrenching on sleds or anything with a motor for that matter, I grew up in a garage building quarter mile cars alongside my father, he built everything from pumpgas to top alcohal cars it was fun way to grow up always at the track either wrenching or runing I built my first own car when I was 17 that was a few nuts and bolts ago.. As for as sleds go this is will be #6 in the shop when Mark gets the ext.cables and puts it together for me. I was just trying to see if there was anything in particular to do before I spend a pile of cash and am not happy. As stated before I will run it stock for break in and then start spending$$ Thanks for your opinion and everyone else that has taken the time to share thiers, Keep them coming Thank you Trailrider

Top Bottom