09 M1000 Only revs to 6250 - Any Ideas?

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
Just bought a new 09 M1000 Sno Pro. The sled is bone stock for know, but soon to be modded. Took it out for its first ride, and when opening it up, on and off the throttle, it will pull up to 6250rpm and just stay there. Thought it might be a clutch hanging up, but should do it all the time if this is the case. Almost feels like the power valves aren't opening, but with the servo motor they should open automatically shouldn't they. Hate to sound dumb on here, but so used to aftermarket high performance stuff, haven't really worked on the new efi sleds. Always found it easier to work on carbs and old school stuff. Any input would be apprieciated.

I talked to a couple guys in Red Deer that have had the same problem, with no fix yet. They said they have swapped ECU's, and basically tried changing every electronic part on the sled, but still doing it. Any ideas?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got warranty let your dealer fix it. I would check the simple things first. what weights and spring in the clutch, what belt, maybe bad plugs, are the exhaust valves opening.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Sounds about the right rpm for when the exhaust valves are not opening, if that is the problem.

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
No, it doesn't do it all the time. Doesn't seem to matter if you press the throttle slowly, or just crack it open. Talked to the service man @ T&T, he told me the ecu needs to be reflashed. I'll take it off and send it in, as he says it has to go back to Cat to get fixed. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a bit of info:

We had a guy last year with the same unit. 09 M1000 SP and he would bog at 6500

We tested a few things:
- swapped out servo motor, no change
- checked all electrical connections - dielectric greased, no change
- checked throttle bodies and reed valves, no change
- checked APV, no change

We then sent the ECU to Arctic Cat and it was remapped and haven't had a problem since! I'm sure that will fix your problem =)

Top Bottom