08 xp flooding

ftmacdoo

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem
I have a 08 summit XP 800 and when you ride for awhile and then shut the sled off then try to pull start it again it wont start
I then have to pull the plugs and take a lighter and burn off the excess gas and dry the plugs out
this does not happen all the time its just intermittent every few rides

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
When was the last time you changed the plugs? The needles might be gummed up or gettting gummed up. Drain the fuel bowls and see if you have contaminates.

ftmacdoo

Reaction score
The plugs not that old and old ones pulled in good shape,
guy i bought sled from put v force reeds in
problem only happens now and then

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possibly the needle/ seat worn out - or you got some contaminates in your fuel bowls and getting in between needle and seat and partially holding the seat open to allow fuel to over flow in the carb - pull the carb off and remove the bottom bowl from the carb and see if theres a bunch of debri in there

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you start the sled warm, do you crack the throttle at all? I find that if I crack the throttle just slightly, my sled ALWAYS starts 1st pull when it is warm. Many people don't touch the throttle, and then flood the engine. Just a thought?

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Next time it happens, pop the fuel cap off and see if there is excessive pressure in the tank, check the tank vent line by the RH shock tower, could be packing with snow.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From experience with doos my best advice to anyone riding a rev/xp. If you roll it over or do anything to flood it dont bother pulling you plugs out and such. Hold the throttle wide open and just keep pulling, dont let go of the throttle before or after you pull just keep pulling and she will fire up. Its a handy little trick and ALWAYS works unless you have other issues with the sled.
If you ride an etec then disregard this, fuel injected is a totally different ball game.
Also, every now and again if ive been riding hard and shut sled off and take a decent break it may not start nice which ive deducted to a lack of fuel. Pop on the choke and she fires right up!
Just my :twocents: from experience!
:d:beer::beer::d

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem your dpm is plugged or dissconected somewhere or the actuator is stuck an it is holding fuel pressure in the carb an floating the bowls an just pouring the fuel in when you shut it off

DOAKLEY16

Reaction score
i had that problem on my 09 it ended up being a vaccume line that was calapsing when the sled got hot.. had that fixed and it never has done it again

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you start the sled warm, do you crack the throttle at all? I find that if i crack the throttle just slightly, my sled always starts 1st pull when it is warm. Many people don't touch the throttle, and then flood the engine. Just a thought?

x2...

Top Bottom