08 Brute Force Rear Brakes

Reaction score
The rear brakes on my 08 Brute Force 750 seem to be locked up. I figured that it is just due to the temperature outside, but they don't free up after riding for a while like they normally do. Anybody else having this problem?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Do your rear brake cables move freely?, did u have this problem in the fall?
What does your wet brake oil look like? Clear,black,milky? If your fluid is clear and your cables dont move freely, you have moisture in the cables(Rust). If your cables move freely,fluid clear, check to see if the rear arm is not binding or getting caught on any thing(mud,sticks,piled up skeg,etc). Now if your fluid is not clear and looks sort off milkey, It's your wet brake fluid.
I'm betting on moisture in the cables.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks munhoez! I checked everything out that you mentioned. The cable moves a little bit, but is pretty stiff. It seems like a combination of the cable and the brake actuator on the diff. The lever/actuator on the diff seems to be seized up pretty good.:beer:

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on my 08. I found that it was just some moisture in/ on the arm. Just poured hot water on it. Used it all day and never had a problem since.

bcham5

Reaction score
i had the same problem on might except i didnt notice it untill the rear diff was on fire:mad:

Top Bottom