07 summit plugs

sicamoose

Reaction score
So guess i am fairly green with sled mechanics. I have a 2007 summit x 800 (yes, i know). Was just in my shop and decided to check my plugs and (photos attached) pulled one of the plugs and the metal inside the lead came off with the plug (in photo plug on the bottom). I took the whole assembly off.

wondering if i should replace this unit? any info and/or help would be great.

thanks

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7200.jpg
    IMG_7200.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121

sicamoose

Reaction score
hey thanks for the quick reply. any suggestions for where i get them - local ski doo dealer (not too fond of them so far.....)?

Simon

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had to cut my ends off cause doo glues them on.... to put on new ends...
this was way out west too.... now i keep a coil asmb. in my back pack cause it seems the dielectric greese goes missing and when u take the leads off it breaks the ends off.....

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just get new caps. pull the old caps off and grab a new set from canadian tire. they twist on and lock into place

ya just carry a spare cap or two and twist them on when the old ones break. there like 10 bucks a peice.

97summit

Reaction score
How can I replace the wires? Is it just the plastic clip that holds them in the coil, or do they screw into the coil also. When I took them out of the coil one had the pin that goes into the wire still in it and the other one stayed in the coil. Already broke one plastic clip trying to put it back together, need to go buy one or two more now. Thanks

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is the the plastic clip that hold them in...if the pin came off the coil you need to replace coil those little pins in the coil are not too come out... the doo wires are not like aftermarket wires where you can just replace the cap the whole wire needs to be replaced atleast thats what i found with my mine

Last edited:

97summit

Reaction score
Thanks that was not the answer I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the plastic clip usely breaks ... you need to be super careful with it...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of dielectric grease keeps the clip from breaking off and stying in the plug

Top Bottom