06 summit no electrics

spike

Reaction score
I have a 2006 summit adrenaline 800.
Started it today and no electrics, no lights, no action on the tach, no beeps,backup included, nothing.
Worked fine last weekend.
Starts and runs run though.
Fuse are fine, but I changed them just in case.
No electric start, ECM has been dielectric'd, no corrosion.
Any idea's?
Thanks

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading on Mr R's web site under news section. There is a electrical conector that needs to be greased to prevent this situation. I'll see if I can find it, I think it's right behind the steering post, but I'm not 100% sure.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's under the tech news section. And its for the 07's but would'nt hurt to cheak, I'm gonna doo mine. Cut and paste from Mr.R's

"We are still seeing corrosion in the ECM plug and ECM itself on the new ‘07 800 R’s. The problem lies in how the supplier configured the wiring harness where it enters the rubber boot that covers the plug. We are now cutting the tie wrap, pulling the loom from the plug and retying the boot directly to the harness itself with a small bead of silicone for backup sealing. A liberal dose of dielectic grease in the ECM pin cavity should bullet proof the ECM for the trouble free riding."

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just about the same thing with my wifes 800, no beep beep, no elec start, no RER. Pull started it, and once the battery was charged up, everything started working. Good luck

spike

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
It was the relay located above the secondary.
Apparently, not an uncommon problem.
Going to get another as a spare.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started it today and no electrics, no lights, no action on the tach, no beeps,backup included, nothing.
Any idea's?
Thanks
Same thing happened to me today:(, started it up , beeped a couple of times like normal, then ran ok. Shut it off, put handlebar riser on, started it again, electrics dead, checked all plugs ect, all seem ok, going to try the relay I guess; hope it's cheaper than the doo spark plug wires:mad:

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey summiteer would you mind posting if that was the problem? I also have an 06X and it would be good to know in case something happens to mine.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do, CT here didn't have relay in stock so I'll borrow one tomorrow and see if that's the problem.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh ... you Ski-doo guys should keep these problems quiet... all the ski-doo guys I ride with pretend that these issues, and some others, don't even exists. Would'nt want to admit that Ski-doo has the same flaws that all the others have? I was even once threatened with a good beating if I admitted I dragged a Summit, after it calved, back to the truck with my F6. :(:(:(

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea's?
Thanks

:mad:So, yeah I put new relay in sled and started it up.....nothing changed.
Put old relay back in. went through all the plugs I could see and any grounds, didn't find anything.
A buddy was going to the city today to pick up his Dragon so I got him to take it to Ecko to see if they could find the problem.
Loading the sled in his trailer, hit the ramp, drove sled in trailer, it beeps twice and the lights and gauges come to life... What the Heck is up with that!?!?!?!
Figured that since it was loaded, take it in anyway, maybe they'll find something. Can't really trust it to keep working, don't want to get caught in the middle of nowhere with no lights etc. I HATE intermittent problems!!!:mad::mad:

Top Bottom