06 ecu on 05?

z400

Reaction score
Can I safely swap an ecu from 06 m7 on to a 05 m7 I'm trying to diaganose a serious engine stumble and the 05 has a compleat new top end so I'm at a real lose here this is about my last option

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can if the injector symbol is the same. There should be a yellow triangle or something like that. Did you use new premium in the sled? Those sleds like reg gas.

z400

Reaction score
Yes I put premium in but I've used both befor I did the engine and made no differance it's like it goes into limp mode or missing on one cylinder and not throwing codes but idels fine just happens at about 6-6500 one time it'll pull hard the next time it won't

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before, as long as they have the same symbol, go for it. We have done this a few times for troubleshooting. It could be a power valve issue as well, if one is sticky it could show up as an intermittent problem.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not your ecu that would be your servo motor getting flakey. Either the cables are out of adjustment or that motor is getting weak. Had the same problem on a m8.

z400

Reaction score
It not power valve related they are working its engine cutting out of some sort

z400

Reaction score
Any chance this could be clutch related I always have belt dust on cover it only will pull 50 mph the wife's will pull 70 easily hers seams to come out of the hole alittle better also mine starts engauaging at about 4500 rpm hers at 3500 but hers feels like it pulls smother and better

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring running to your taillight. They were famous for rubbing through and grounding out on the tunnel. When they did that it caused all kinds of strange running issues.

z400

Reaction score
Ya I've looked at that and the wire under fuel tank just can't find the issue other than changing coils I'm hooped I've got nothing left to check that I know of

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you check the tail light wires? Under the seat and near the back. I hear if they get worn and ground out it will have the engine cutting out effect.........Nevermind. Someone already asked that......

Last edited:

z400

Reaction score
Can a coil be bad on one side or have weak spark on one side

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you check the reeds i found one on rudys sled on here broken reed wouldnt go past 6000 flooded out that cylinder with the broken reed pedal

z400

Reaction score
Us reeds are good switched coil today no help

Top Bottom