03 sumit switching in reverse by itself ?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
hi there

trying to help out a buddy which owns a 03 800 summit

he told me they went to vale last weekend and he had problems all weekend long

going down the trail and the sled would shut off and turn in reverse by itself

did that like 15 times on the trail

suposed to be better during the day but started again in the afternoon

he unhooked his reverse switch but the sled still did the same thing every now and than

so im just wondering if anyone ever heard of this or might have an idea how to go forward to find the mistake

ps:how does skidoo handle there reverse ? is there a selenoid or just directly threw and out the ecu ?

thx for any help

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had this happen to my '05 rev, and a buddy's '08 XP back in november. it was water inside the switchpod where the reverse button is. dried them out and they worked fine. usually happens after rolling the sled over in deep snow. not sure what would cause it in an '03, I think the rer button is on the panel above the starter rope.

Skidoo67

Reaction score
I have a 2010 skidoo 800 x that was doing the same thing....it even caused me to crash twice....once I got rear ended because the thing completely dies out and my friend didn't see any lights....the 2nd time I was ridding along going about 65 and it cut out and the lights dimmed out and I couldn't see and hit a snowbank ...I took it in and explained what happened and they basically laughed in my face and thought I was lying so they didn't have to pay out of there pocket ..all I know is it's something skidoo needs to handle because it is very dangerous ..if my friend was going any faster I could of seriously been hurt as well as my friend ...any one know what is causing this to happen ...I thought it was the switch...I asked my skidoo shop to replace it and they wouldn't ...they said it was fine... I just want it fixed for this year so there isn't any major accident or death

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it on deep powder days? I Had the same problem, ski doo dealer did the same thing to me as well... I was told by another guy that its just water getting into your reverse cluster.. I would just take it apart and dry it out and put di electric grease on it ... its a real pain when it happens

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? According to Maxwell that's a arctic cat thing

Top Bottom