Fawcett Lake and Smith

jwishard

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm new to the site. This weekend I'm heading up to the Smith or Fawcett Lake area. Never been there before. Does anyone know where would be a good spot to "bush" camp on crown land and what kind of riding it is out there. We like to put on some miles but also play in the mud. Any input would be awesome! Thanks.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Sure we used to go there for the last 5 may longs but we bought lake lot north of edson so we will be there from now on but if you go passed smith and head to the east side of the lake about 25 km when your heading north you will come across a haul road take a right there then a quick left and up the trail it will plunk you in a nice open area about 5 ac grass then your good to go take the haul toad east or west and the trails are endless have fun we have never had a problem there

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome jwishard, i've had a trailer at the East end of Fawcett Lake for 18yrs and TKO is right that end is the best area for Quadding, fishing, hunting etc. and that area he's talking about is a good spot but the loggers have been right in that area whacking tons of trees. If thats the case, just continue farther down the road towards Fawcett Lake Resort and there is a county campsite right down by the lake. You can't camp at the Resort it's for annual camping only. But the County area is free to the public. Go early cause sometimes spots are at a premium. Higgins.

Top Bottom