Changing the Fuel Filters on a 6.4L Ford Diesel

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I changed my fuel filters today on my 08 Ford F350 6.4L Diesel and thought I post some information on this here. The Filters come as a kit at Napa for about $75.00 Alot cheaper than the Ford Dealer. I firstly went below the truck and released the water separator lever, and let A bunch of that out. Then using a 38mm socket took the Fuel filter off the engine, the one on the top, closer to the drivers side. Then you take the one underneath off, that is just below the drivers side on the inside if the frame rail. Its a little tough to get in there, I would recommend you use a socket. Then change the filters, close it back up. Then cycle the ignition by turning on without starting. You can hear the pump for 30 seconds, you will see a wrench on the dash in the display. Once you hear it turn off, turn the key off, then repeat this 12 times. Then the engine should start.

Here is a site that explains a bit.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron,

I did mine a month or so ago and it was no problem, the one on the frame rail was a little difficult to get at but with the socket and an extension it was doable, from what I was hearing on other sites I was beginning to think it could not be done anywhere outside the dealership. I also bought the kit at NAPA again a little reluctant after hearing what others reccommend but I figured thay have been selling auto parts for some years now so why not, anyhow it just goes to show you that it is sometimes better not to listen to what other people have to say.

merv jennett

Reaction score
tks for the info on 6.4 ford diesel fuel filter replacement this will be very helpfull. never thought it would be so complicated tks again merv

merv jennett

Reaction score
i went to crowfoot ford in calgary asked the service man how much they charged to change both fuel filters he said 350.00 so i said i have my own filters he said it would be a bit less if you have your own filters. i will eventually i will talk to the owners of this dealer ship i changed them my self in about an hour with some difficulty

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch sounds like fun. $20 at cummins and 5 mins later and mine is done on my cummins. That includes time to drink a beer :d

Top Bottom