helmets

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have peeps from all over on snow and mud..are helmets mandatory in your province of state or country..(for sleds and/or motorcycles)..let us know.thanks!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have peeps from all over on snow and mud..are helmets mandatory in your province of state or country..(for sleds and/or motorcycles)..let us know.thanks!

They should be...if you can afford the toy you can afford the proper gear

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not wearing a helmet on an atv , motor bike or snowmobile is like playing russian rulet , eventually your luck runs out .

Cameo

Reaction score
Texas state law is that if you are over 16, and have insurance for non helmet, you and the passenger can be with out helmet on a motorcycle. I talked to a cop to clarify it, and the additional insuance is about $5.00/year. He said it was to cover the cost of the bucket they would have to shovel whats left of you brain into if you dont have a helmet they can use.

:)

I wear one all the time now.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you're wearing that helmet, and don't forget that you're handgun has to be worn outside of your bibs.:beer:
(No-one tell him we're not in Texas, Ok!)

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we were kids we never had a helmet till we got the faster sleds
mind you back then not very many people had helmets
now i dont even think twice about it and im not even sure if it is law in alberta to wear them on private property

i always wear them now even on the mountain bike

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we were kids we never had a helmet till we got the faster sleds
mind you back then not very many people had helmets
now i dont even think twice about it and im not even sure if it is law in alberta to wear them on private property

i always wear them now even on the mountain bike

X2...We never wore helmets growing up on sleds either ( That was back 30yrs ago) now I wouldn't think of riding without one...but that being said should the government be regulating everything we do?? We never wore seat belts either or helmets on bicycles and I am sure there were no more injuries then there is now. Maybe because of all these regulations people lost all there common sence. Maybe I'm wrong here but just my 2 cents.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
According to global News last night there are only 2 provinces in Canada in which helmets are NOT mandatory. Those are Alberta and BC

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
According to global News last night there are only 2 provinces in Canada in which helmets are NOT mandatory. Those are Alberta and BC

AND THE TERRITORIES......:d .......... AND GLOBAL SAID THAT WAS FOR QUADS AND SLEDS........ HELMETS MANDATORY ALL THROUGH CANADA FOR MOTORBIKES

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having grown up around toys all my life, it was just ground into us that if you want to play, you gotta have a helmet. If Terry saw us on a quad or sled or whatever without a helmet.... chit hit the fan....

Now, i wouldnt have it any other way, it's second nature to put on a helmet - same as my seat belt.

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not mandatory for adults in Idaho riding anything

Keeps my ears warm on a sled but you will never see the hippie wearing on on his bike!!!!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol well i was in idaho last year and seen a guys pass me on a crotch rocket without a helmet.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having grown up around toys all my life, it was just ground into us that if you want to play, you gotta have a helmet. If Terry saw us on a quad or sled or whatever without a helmet.... chit hit the fan....

Now, i wouldnt have it any other way, it's second nature to put on a helmet - same as my seat belt.

Seat belt.....what kind sled you got??:rolleyes:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something that shouldn't need a Law. But if there is any doubt about the subject just read the sticker on your machine that is usually beside your left knee.

Funny enough that people can read the sticker that tells them to put the right type of fuel in but not the one that says wear a crash cap.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they only time I don't ware my helmut when quading is when I'm hunting but also don't go over 10kpm either and no horsen around when my rifle is on the quad

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure of the law,but my law is I wont ride with someone without one,
I refuse to deal with your head injuries because your to cool or stupid to wear one,thats just me though,under 19 it shouldnt even be optional I think,if at20 you dont wanna wear one owell,but you aint ridin with me.

powderpusher

Reaction score
not illegal in alberta to ride with out a helmut,been guilty of doing it myself before but now wont go with out one ,i think it should be mandatory as they can save your life in a crash on these newer powerful sleds

JFedup

Reaction score
X2...We never wore helmets growing up on sleds either ( That was back 30yrs ago) now I wouldn't think of riding without one...but that being said should the government be regulating everything we do?? We never wore seat belts either or helmets on bicycles and I am sure there were no more injuries then there is now. Maybe because of all these regulations people lost all there common sence. Maybe I'm wrong here but just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree with you more! My 2 cents.

Top Bottom