bog when turning left

summitzx

Reaction score
I have an 07 summit 800r xrs. went for a ride last weekend and the sled bogs when turning left in deep snow,and only left.took carbs off and found little water in them. cleaned carbs and went for a ride this weekend and same thing. going to sicamous in three days and any help would be great. thanks

Dino

Reaction score
Our Revs did the same, seems they dont breath very well on there left side, air intake is on that side. We installed the SLP cold air intake and the issue went away. Dino

summitzx

Reaction score
thanks i will look into it but it just started happening. have been it the mountains several times this year and no problems. thanks for jour reply. i will try that

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Is it for sure a bog? Could it be belt slip? I thought mine was bogging, but eventually i found the small vent on the bottom of the left side panel was letting in a little amount of snow and was slipping my belt a little.

I put some duct tape over it as soon as I found the problem while out sledding and it solved it. I ended up buying a big panel vent from jcscustomvents.com and haven't had the problem while carving left since.

Dino

Reaction score
Is it for sure a bog? Could it be belt slip? I thought mine was bogging, but eventually i found the small vent on the bottom of the left side panel was letting in a little amount of snow and was slipping my belt a little.

I put some duct tape over it as soon as I found the problem while out sledding and it solved it. I ended up buying a big panel vent from jcscustomvents.com and haven't had the problem while carving left since.
Good post. Our Revs did this also but it didn't make the sled bog, the snow would cause the belt to slip revving the piss outta the Eng. Almost seemed like the sled was leaned over to far and the track was out of the snow, but it was just belt slip. A nice set of vents help. Dino

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine does it when in good powder snow.... cause it plugs the prefilter off... stop wipe it and a way ya go again....

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it sound like this video @ 00.13 and 01:14 ?
YouTube - Ski-doo 800 XRS playin in the POW

This was happening because of that little vent on the bottom of the panel (nike check) was letting in snow and onto the clutches making the belt slip and then it would grab and pull the motor down.

If it's more of a bog then it's the air intake, i have a SLP high flow now and it works great. Even if the intake is plugged with snow it should still be getting air through the back of the airbox with all those holes in it unless you tapped them off like most of us have to avoid belt dust in the carbs and reeds.

JS customs vents are amazing and i have them all over my sled and they work fantastic, i tried making my own but too much hassle... they worked but didn't stand up like the ones you can buy. My sled has the nike checkmark ones, shock tower and then the knee vents, cool running :)

GL

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mav do u still have the 07 or have ya gone off the deep end and went to an xp??????

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a vent on the cluth side panel just below the air box, then I cut 3 1" diameter holes in the bottom of the airbox and covered them with FrogSkinz. This allows more air to get into the airbox and the FrogSkinz keeps the belt dust out. My sled seems to run a lot better since I did this mod. SLP filter material over the Nike emblem will keep the snow out of your clutch side panel as well. I did it on both sides and it works great.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mav do u still have the 07 or have ya gone off the deep end and went to an xp??????

Still have it, unfortunately it has been a garage sled for the past full year due to blown motor and money issues. This summer will be the full resurrection and will be ready to rip 2011 - 2012 season, cant' wait. Currently riding a 08 163 XP and liking it but missing my Rev EXTREMELY, i fight that XP so hard to do what i want when my Rev i think about doing something and im there... Long live the rev chassis!!!!

Top Bottom