Shitzu Dogs

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long do these things stay in heat?Mine is 8 months old and has been in heat for 4 days now!Damn thing is annoying as hell and wants outside all the time!I let her out my male border collie will prison rape this thing in the blink of an eye!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant help you with an answer but we have a 7 year old and they are the most stubborn dogs around. hate to say it but will never have one again. Cute as hell but they have their own agenda and extremely hard to train.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant help you with an answer but we have a 7 year old and they are the most stubborn dogs around. hate to say it but will never have one again. Cute as hell but they have their own agenda and extremely hard to train.
I believe you!The kids talked me into this damn thing when their other house dog died!!Has to be a purebred too on top of it all!!I'm into this damn thing for $800 already and I want to get it fixed right away too!Frickin going to be a $1100 dog before I know it and it only weighs 3 pounds!I thought sledding was a money pit but now I know its house dogs and kids!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe you!The kids talked me into this damn thing when their other house dog died!!Has to be a purebred too on top of it all!!I'm into this damn thing for $800 already and I want to get it fixed right away too!Frickin going to be a $1100 dog before I know it and it only weighs 3 pounds!I thought sledding was a money pit but now I know its house dogs and kids!!

hahaha. should have asked me first :cool: We are into about the same amount PLUS training/obedience courses. Wait until you have spent about $300 for training for crapping/pissing all over the place and still does it in the house. Grrrrrr Damn thing licks you to death as well. We have done all we can with her. Our fault to be honest for not researching the breed better......actually wife and daughters mistake as they too convinced me this is the dog! lol
We have some friends that bought two (same litter) and after 4 months they had to take them back. Give me our anti-sociable cat any day.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dogs can run away and new toys could just magically appear...wink wink..just sayin!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dogs can run away and new toys could just magically appear...wink wink..just sayin!
Oh Christ!They are suspicious of my stories about the other old or useless outside dogs that the 'coyotes' got and that's why they disappeared!Too much estrogen inside the house to get rid of this dog now!Me and my boys would be living outside before this dog gets kicked out!Mom and the daughters are a little too attached!!Thanks for the idea tho!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see an honest reply from one that has a shitzu. some friends that camp with us have a couple of them and seem to think they are the cutest things and can do no wrong. they beg constantly when you are eating, think they are the biggest dogs in camp, and ch!t wherever they want. everyone else's big dogs go out into the trees or deep grass to do their business but not these furry rats....one even ch!t on my camp mat in front of the door of my 5th wheel, the owners just said "bad dog" but left the mess for us to clean. they bark and whine constantly when the owners leave camp and they are tied up, makes it very unnerving for others that choose to stay at camp while others go out riding. I hate small dogs....rant over.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see an honest reply from one that has a shitzu. some friends that camp with us have a couple of them and seem to think they are the cutest things and can do no wrong. they beg constantly when you are eating, think they are the biggest dogs in camp, and ch!t wherever they want. everyone else's big dogs go out into the trees or deep grass to do their business but not these furry rats....one even ch!t on my camp mat in front of the door of my 5th wheel, the owners just said "bad dog" but left the mess for us to clean. they bark and whine constantly when the owners leave camp and they are tied up, makes it very unnerving for others that choose to stay at camp while others go out riding. I hate small dogs....rant over.

I feel for you! Our dog is a pain but maybe not as bad as the ones you describe.....that God as I would not stand it. On the other hand, we have some friends with 2 jack russell dogs and they do exactly what you described. As a matter of fact, rather comical but embarrassing, one time we went camping with them and the people next to us just cooked a small roast. Put it on the picnic table and went into their camper to get something. They came out and roast was gone. Our friend's dog took it and ran into the bush with it. We laughed but did not say a word! Lets just say they kept a low profile the whole weekend. I would have shot the flipping thing!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I thought ours was 'special'!I let it outside to do its business and it does it right on the god damn steps,summer or winter!Thats when it doesn't do it in the house,90% of the time!!I have a farm and the last thing I wanted was a house dog its amazing what it gets into just before it comes back in the house!!!But I was out voted by the wife and kids.But my rant about the price of this thing fell on deaf ears after the kids brought it home!Always relaxing after having a few whiskeys in the shop and then coming in and stepping in dog ch!t or piss when your trying to sneak in because the wife is in bed already!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I thought ours was 'special'!I let it outside to do its business and it does it right on the god damn steps,summer or winter!Thats when it doesn't do it in the house,90% of the time!!I have a farm and the last thing I wanted was a house dog its amazing what it gets into just before it comes back in the house!!!But I was out voted by the wife and kids.But my rant about the price of this thing fell on deaf ears after the kids brought it home!Always relaxing after having a few whiskeys in the shop and then coming in and stepping in dog ch!t or piss when your trying to sneak in because the wife is in bed already!!
oooof....dude....I would fawking snap like a dry twig. you need some more coyote activity near your farm....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have to agree with teeroy on this one but funny! Sorry for your luck! :)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...I am going to be different here. The best dog I've ever had is Norm...our ShihTzu. Now he's a bit wierd...he thinks he's a rottwieller...but an awesome hound. He uses the dog door and goes to the far reaches of the lawn. When we camp, he scurries off and does his business deep in the bush...you'll never find his mess. He's clean, he's quiet, he's my best bud at home. If I am in the garage and forget to bring him, I will look out the man door, and he'll be sitting at the top of the stairs outside the garage waiting for me...rain, sun, snow, whatever. He's 11 yrs old now and just starting to slide down a bit....less active...but I will miss him when it's his time.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...I am going to be different here. The best dog I've ever had is Norm...our ShihTzu. Now he's a bit wierd...he thinks he's a rottwieller...but an awesome hound. He uses the dog door and goes to the far reaches of the lawn. When we camp, he scurries off and does his business deep in the bush...you'll never find his mess. He's clean, he's quiet, he's my best bud at home. If I am in the garage and forget to bring him, I will look out the man door, and he'll be sitting at the top of the stairs outside the garage waiting for me...rain, sun, snow, whatever. He's 11 yrs old now and just starting to slide down a bit....less active...but I will miss him when it's his time.
he sounds unique fo sho Dave, sort of sounds like my buddy's Yorkie. the only small dog I have ever thought was "cool". I think attentiveness and training by the "lead dog" (hate using the term "dog owner") goes a long way....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You are lucky Dave! We have spoken to others who have experienced the same issues we have. We have also spent a small fortune on her for training but all in vain. We have been consistently told they are extremely hard to train. So sounds like you got yourself a gem of a dog!

Top Bottom