Zero Dark Thirty

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's going to see the new movie Zero Dark Thirty about the raid on Osama Bin Laden? Its up for an Oscar for best movie. I'm checking it out tomorrow.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife thinks I'm infatuated with his death. Hard not to want to see the guy who cost us all so much of our savings die once again. Lol.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Megan and I going sat night.

She got me no easy day for Xmas. I read it in like 4 evenings
It should be a good movie.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really want to see it might wait to see what you guys think of it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while I'm meant to be working

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Megan and I going sat night.

She got me no easy day for Xmas. I read it in like 4 evenings
It should be a good movie.

Mike you should get another book I got for Christmas called American Sniper. Its a great read about America's most decorated sniper Chris Kyle who has over 160 confirmed kills in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has the longest confirmed kill as well at over 2100 yards. Seal Team 6 about Howard Wasdin is another great read as well.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike you should get another book I got for Christmas called American Sniper. Its a great read about America's most decorated sniper Chris Kyle who has over 160 confirmed kills in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has the longest confirmed kill as well at over 2100 yards. Seal Team 6 about Howard Wasdin is another great read as well.

I think it's an English guy who owns the longest sniper kill 2.4km

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's an English guy who owns the longest sniper kill 2.4km

Austrailian, the British guy has the second longest, and 2 Canucks are third and fourth. some crazy distances. 2,815m, 2,475m, 2,430m, and 2,310m. that's incredible....

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats is fricken unbelievable the distance ...............What with a 50 cal I suppose.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both canadians used .50's, the british guy a .338 lapua, unaware of the australian.
yeah, the Australian is a confirmed kill and distance gps and laser verified, but they had 2 guys shoot at the same time, so identity can't be confirmed as to which one it was. he was using a Barrett M82A1

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll probably end up seeing it too, should be good.

As far as books go, if you all havn't read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell you should give it a shot. Very sombering, but a testament to the human will to survive. They are currently filiming the movie adaptation, with Luttrell and other SEALs on hand to make sure it's done right.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone read Bravo two zero... I loved it...stopped reading those books after other guys on the team said it was all BS. Not to mention a few years back when that guy left the NFL to go to Iraq... can't remember his name? Anyhow, he died and they tried to make a big deal about how he died (still a hero in my mind all those guys over there are) but it was some insurgents that came forward and proved it was all BS... they had to cancel the movie before it's release... so you gotta wonder how acurate this stuff really is... don't get me wrong... like I said they'ra all hero's and do an amazing job... just saying!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone read Bravo two zero... I loved it...stopped reading those books after other guys on the team said it was all BS. Not to mention a few years back when that guy left the NFL to go to Iraq... can't remember his name? Anyhow, he died and they tried to make a big deal about how he died (still a hero in my mind all those guys over there are) but it was some insurgents that came forward and proved it was all BS... they had to cancel the movie before it's release... so you gotta wonder how acurate this stuff really is... don't get me wrong... like I said they'ra all hero's and do an amazing job... just saying!!
wasn't that Pat Tillman?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Tillman. "Friendly" fire incident.

I read a lot of these sorts of books, and I can't think of many that don't have someone, somewhere, trying to call BS.

If you're into the older stuff, SOG by John L. Plaster is an awesome read. All about the guys who "didn't" go into Laos, Cambodia and N. Vietnam back in the 60's and 70's. Edge-of-your-seat stuff in those pages (even a Canadian or two.). This is one of the greatest accounts of these men written and I havn't seen or heard of anyone trying to discredit it.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be an interesting movie as the book was an awesome read. And i typically hate reading but it held me!

Sent while not working too hard

Top Bottom