Your Best Tickets!

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
What they use airplanes! how?

Those thick lines painted perpendicular to the direction of travel in the shoulder on the hwy are spaced at measured intervals. A guy in an airplane times how long it takes you to travel between perpendicular lines then radios down the description of your vehicle to a group (10x in this case) of patrol cars hiding on some on ramp (near Ponoka). A sign on the overpass said " Slow, 80kph, Loose Chips Ahead" so everyone slowed down, then one by one the patrol cars were deployed from their place in the on ramp to stop their assigned "speeder."

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think if i were you, i'd be paying those tickets maybe before someone else takes a hard look at them and decides to do some math, you could be losing your driving privileges for a long time. it is up to you, i don't like your chances before a judge though.:rolleyes:, maybe you need to slow down. i'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling with your driving style.

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
i think if i were you, i'd be paying those tickets maybe before someone else takes a hard look at them and decides to do some math, you could be losing your driving privileges for a long time. it is up to you, i don't like your chances before a judge though.:rolleyes:, maybe you need to slow down. i'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling with your driving style.
2007. They're old.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fought a stunting ticket when i lived in peace river. my last name starts with z so i was the last to plead my case. so at lunch i bs'd with the crown prosecutor and when it was my turn to take the stand he had no questions for me... saved me $405 and 4-6 demerits

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they could never do anything to "him" as they cannot prove without a doubt who is actually driving the bike. thus the reason behind no demerit points for photo tickets.

my best was just after i got my licence, got a 45km over, driving excessive speed or something like that, excessive noise with exhaust, stunting, and undo care and attention. all in one. lost my licence in one day.:d
i have since changed my driving habits lol, before i got my government issued 30kmph over christmas present on boxing day last year i was 8 yrs ticket free. and lots and lots of miles in that 8 yrs.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
i'd have fought the tickets on the grounds that there was no way I could get from one location to the other in the allotted timeframe so obviously one if not both are invalid....

Just sayin

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd have fought the tickets on the grounds that there was no way I could get from one location to the other in the allotted timeframe so obviously one if not both are invalid....

Just sayin

maybe he was on daylight saving time?;)

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, I just fought a photo ticket in Edson, apparently they were operating that machine with the wrong calibration since 2008, so everyone who got nailed in edson since 2008 should of had their tickets thrown out but the town wouldnt bring that to light because of the amount of revenue it generates. When we won the case we were going to inform the trouble shooters. Its kinda the same principal of the speed on green tickets in edmonton except the city caught it and refunded the monies.:d

I fought the law and I WON!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost my license twice in my younger days due to demrits, 21 in six months once. Not so cool when the insurance bill shows up and one ticket was for dangerous driving. Had the OPP chase me from Oakville towards Mississauga on the 403 at over 220KPH. My partner was in his truck and said after about 3KM they shut their lights off. Never knew they were behind me...who looks back?
Have made it to Loydminister from Edmonton in under 11/2 hours and from just south of Boyle to West Ed. Mall in under one hour on my bike(passed my cousin on Redwater corner at just over 180), don't call them crotch rockets for nothing......amazed I got to be this old and yes I have slowed down considerably on my bike.
My insurance agent's favorite line was "the speed that thrills is the speed that kills"

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeebus I hope all you guys signed your organ donor cards

At 180kph, organs probably wont be usable. Definitely not usable if smeared across the front of a Kenworth.

I went to this accident a few years ago. Guy was said to be going over 160kph, tried to pass a gravel truck that was turning left. hit the rear tires of the tractor and driver slammed on the brakes. Dragged the biker and bike 30 some feet. Wasnt a piece of body that weighed over 10lbs. Used 1000 litres of water to wash the highway.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2008/07/24/motorcyclist-killed.html?ref=rss

Last edited:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my younger years (stupid year).... I was clocked 292 out side Armstrong on the 4 lane......at midnight......not a car on the road......to make a long story short......I got no ticket.

but the best one was when I was driving in Montana years ago......their speed limmit was "Safe and Prudent" WTF is that?

mid day, sunny, no rain, not a car on the road going my way, 4 lane.....I pass one cop doing 120 KM......30 mins later I pass another cop doing 150 KM.......So I did some thinking........My cruz-control stopped working at 209 KM.....so GM must have designed this to be safe and Prudent......well I got a ticket for $100 that had to be paid on the spot or he would follow me to a bank machine.........lost a little gambling money lol......when I crossed the border and the guy said...."any thing to declare".....I said ya one speeding ticket.........he laughed and said I must have been really moving to get a ticket.......I told him the story and they all laughed......so I guess safe and prudent is around 140 ish I was told........so I said POST it then!

my fist ticket was on the 4 lane out side Sicamous......glad he caught me at 197.....I was just comming out of 2nd gear into 3rd when hit his lights.........

I did get 3 tickets in one day.......2 excesive and one stunting.....lost the chopper in calgary twice and the 3rd time they circled the house with the spot light but never came in. man have times changed in 20 years......

now I have slowed down......but in 22 years of driving I have never crashed or caused an accident......or lost my licence. used to do alot of street racing and made money but now its just not worth it!

also had 5 girls on my dirt bike going walking speed when the cops pulled up beside me..........got a $h!t load of tickets that time........no licence, no helmets, no insurance, and got halled down to the station......I was 14 then!

and for the record if a cop is reading this.......my name is zeek bindertwine and this is all one big lie! LOL

Just have to ask what were you driving that many yrs ago that did 292km/hr?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just have to ask what were you driving that many yrs ago that did 292km/hr?

my not so stock 736 HP (rear wheel HP dyno'd) daily driver Buick Grand National.....my first one. ya that was on radar right from the cops mouth.......292 km/hr or 181 MPH......well that was the car that was going to get me over the 200 mph mark, but some one took it well going down to the super chevy show in Seattle in 2001......

I have a few things I would like to do in life.....before I die or die trying lol......do 200 MPH on 4 wheels. do the 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds......now it is 9 seconds......and race in the baja 500....well just start and finnish...lol

I have slowed down alot in the last 10-15 years but I still like my HP.....one day I want to build a twin turbo Buick T-type with over 1000 RW HP.....ok that is another goal! lol.....

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just have to ask what were you driving that many yrs ago that did 292km/hr?

my first Grand National[1].jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my not so stock 736 HP (rear wheel HP dyno'd) daily driver Buick Grand National.....my first one. ya that was on radar right from the cops mouth.......292 km/hr or 181 MPH......well that was the car that was going to get me over the 200 mph mark, but some one took it well going down to the super chevy show in Seattle in 2001......

I have a few things I would like to do in life.....before I die or die trying lol......do 200 MPH on 4 wheels. do the 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds......now it is 9 seconds......and race in the baja 500....well just start and finnish...lol

I have slowed down alot in the last 10-15 years but I still like my HP.....one day I want to build a twin turbo Buick T-type with over 1000 RW HP.....ok that is another goal! lol.....

i remember back in high school in one of the hot rodd mags their was a guy in the us somewhere running that setup, with baby bottles, on 2 cars his and hers, rwhp dynoed at 1150hp dream cars back then and still today.

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
At 180kph, organs probably wont be usable. Definitely not usable if smeared across the front of a Kenworth.

I went to this accident a few years ago. Guy was said to be going over 160kph, tried to pass a gravel truck that was turning left. hit the rear tires of the tractor and driver slammed on the brakes. Dragged the biker and bike 30 some feet. Wasnt a piece of body that weighed over 10lbs. Used 1000 litres of water to wash the highway.

Motorcyclist killed in Fort McMurray - Edmonton - CBC News

Left turns should be banned. They cause too many accidents involving all sorts of other vehicles (not just motorcycles). According to the IIHS:
Forty-two percent of two-vehicle fatal motorcycle crashes involved a vehicle turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the vehicle

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Left turns should be banned. They cause too many accidents involving all sorts of other vehicles (not just motorcycles). According to the IIHS:
Forty-two percent of two-vehicle fatal motorcycle crashes involved a vehicle turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the vehicle

At 42% Im thinking it would make far more sense to ban motorcycles than left hand turns...

Top Bottom