Your Best Tickets!

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Post pics or stories of your best tickets! I'll start:

Got these in the mail a day apart, first one was taken just West of downtown Edson, the second was from the Parks West Mall in Hinton (far West end of town). It's a good thing that those municipalities don't communicate...cause I could have been up for a third ticket! Compare the date/time stamp on the tickets...

Attachments

• Edson Hinton Tickets.jpg
    Edson Hinton Tickets.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you were movin, you are one badazz, should be on the gp circuit.

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
looks like you were movin, you are one badazz, should be on the gp circuit.

It takes no skill to go fast in a straight line. Just a combination of balls and stupidity. I egged on some kid in an SRT8 Grand Cherokee and used him as a rabbit.

I was a little choked because in both instances I was within view of the signs that indicate an increased limit. Technically you can't increase your speed till you pass the sign--I sped up when I saw the sign. The photo truck sits in a spot so close to the increased speed limit sign that when you see it and speed up he gets you before you pass it...revenue.

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they use dodge mega cabs all tinted out or winshields covered. may long both towns had their photo trucks sitting

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
they use dodge mega cabs all tinted out or winshields covered. may long both towns had their photo trucks sitting

Yes, I spot them all the time now. Spruce Grove does the same thing except he often sits on the median behind some trees on the East end of town.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
3 weeks after I got my licence I was clocked at 117km/h in a 50 zone....

had to go in front of a panel and explain why I should get to keep my licence...

I have one put away from Lawrencetown NS... we were fined for "operating a tabagon on a public roadway while under the influence"

Buddy driving the car was sober.... he got a stunting fine..

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 weeks after I got my licence I was clocked at 117km/h in a 50 zone....

had to go in front of a panel and explain why I should get to keep my licence...

I have one put away from Lawrencetown NS... we were fined for "operating a tabagon on a public roadway while under the influence"

That's awesome!

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got two in the mail on the same day. One I was going through Hinton the long weekend in April, it was $140, the second one I got in St. Alberta for $110. CRAP!!

No sense of humour these photo radar guys!!!!

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score

How do you operate a toboggan? A GT Snowracer, maybe...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
How do you operate a toboggan? A GT Snowracer, maybe...

nope it was a toboggan.... and apparently all 3 of us were operating it.. officer used the bobsled theory I guess.... we argued that the true operator was our buddy driving the car we were tied too... our argument was not accepted.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was in my early 20s I did Penticton to the west end of edmonton in 6 hrs 15 mins. pretty stupid. I had a 1995 mustang with 9 lbs boost and a ton of engine work averaged 220 or more in the straights. 50 car passes. Trust me. Not smrt.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I mapped out your route on Google earth, according to that the route from ticket to ticket is 1 hr 2 minutes and exactly 88 km
And you had to drive through Edson and Hinton as well.

Your tickets say 19:34 -> 20:08

That is 34 minutes to go 88 Km that's an average of 153.01 km/hr or 95.08 mph
Vaughn :smiley cop::policecar2:

:d

Had to correct my post cause I cant add.

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my younger years (stupid year).... I was clocked 292 out side Armstrong on the 4 lane......at midnight......not a car on the road......to make a long story short......I got no ticket.

but the best one was when I was driving in Montana years ago......their speed limmit was "Safe and Prudent" WTF is that?

mid day, sunny, no rain, not a car on the road going my way, 4 lane.....I pass one cop doing 120 KM......30 mins later I pass another cop doing 150 KM.......So I did some thinking........My cruz-control stopped working at 209 KM.....so GM must have designed this to be safe and Prudent......well I got a ticket for $100 that had to be paid on the spot or he would follow me to a bank machine.........lost a little gambling money lol......when I crossed the border and the guy said...."any thing to declare".....I said ya one speeding ticket.........he laughed and said I must have been really moving to get a ticket.......I told him the story and they all laughed......so I guess safe and prudent is around 140 ish I was told........so I said POST it then!

my fist ticket was on the 4 lane out side Sicamous......glad he caught me at 197.....I was just comming out of 2nd gear into 3rd when hit his lights.........

I did get 3 tickets in one day.......2 excesive and one stunting.....lost the chopper in calgary twice and the 3rd time they circled the house with the spot light but never came in. man have times changed in 20 years......

now I have slowed down......but in 22 years of driving I have never crashed or caused an accident......or lost my licence. used to do alot of street racing and made money but now its just not worth it!

also had 5 girls on my dirt bike going walking speed when the cops pulled up beside me..........got a $h!t load of tickets that time........no licence, no helmets, no insurance, and got halled down to the station......I was 14 then!

and for the record if a cop is reading this.......my name is zeek bindertwine and this is all one big lie! LOL

Last edited:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
I have had too many tickets........was 1 demerit away from losing my license and had to phone 1-800-no-one-will-insure-you call us. I have an inherited lead foot. I have slowed down considerably...........well except for that photo radar ticket i just got in spruce grove.......:p

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!

2 Tickets on the same day

Makes that Edmonton Jasper an expensive trip...

Just lucky it was't lazer radar or I would have to buy your bike off you :):):)

It is never the cost of the tickets that hurts the most --- its paying the insurance for 3 to 5 years at the NEW rate that cost the money (if you have not already lost your license)

Ride Safe

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Nice!!!

2 Tickets on the same day

Makes that Edmonton Jasper an expensive trip...

Just lucky it was't lazer radar or I would have to buy your bike off you :):):)

It is never the cost of the tickets that hurts the most --- its paying the insurance for 3 to 5 years at the NEW rate that cost the money (if you have not already lost your license)

Ride Safe

Speeding tickets have increased in $ a lot in the last few years. I speed a lot less now. Here is an intersting tidbit:

Last June I got a ticket on the Whitemud in my Corolla (95 in an 80) going to work on a Saturday morning (2 stupid things in one day). I went down to the courthouse on the day I was due to "fight" it...in the old days you would go speak to the prosecutor in the courtroom prior to the judge coming in and they would often plead you down if you pled guilty (reduced fine etc). This time I went into a small room just off the traffic area of the law courts with a JP. He gave me 3 options:
-go in front of a judge and risk paying the fine as it is
-reduce the fine by $50
-increase the fine by $30 but call it something else and cut the demerits in half

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
I mapped out your route on Google earth, according to that the route from ticket to ticket is 1 hr 2 minutes and exactly 88 km
And you had to drive through Edson and Hinton as well.

Your tickets say 19:34 -> 20:08

That is 34 minutes to go 88 Km that's an average of 153.01 km/hr or 95.08 mph
Vaughn :smiley cop::policecar2:

:d

Had to correct my post cause I cant add.

Somehow it felt faster...

I don't condone speeding. Despite the fact that both tickets were in towns I don't speed in towns--too dangerous for other motorists and myself. In both instances I was tagged within view of the increased speed limit signs on the way out of town--I just sped up a hundred meters too soon.

I travel with a Bel RX65 on a RAM mount on my handlebars. It usually works. Beware of HWY 2 though, they use airplanes.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow it felt faster...

I don't condone speeding. Despite the fact that both tickets were in towns I don't speed in towns--too dangerous for other motorists and myself. In both instances I was tagged within view of the increased speed limit signs on the way out of town--I just sped up a hundred meters too soon.

I travel with a Bel RX65 on a RAM mount on my handlebars. It usually works. Beware of HWY 2 though, they use airplanes.

What they use airplanes! how?

Top Bottom