Your Best Tickets!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Left turns should be banned. They cause too many accidents involving all sorts of other vehicles (not just motorcycles). According to the IIHS:
Forty-two percent of two-vehicle fatal motorcycle crashes involved a vehicle turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the vehicle

You sure you want to wage war with the NASCAR community???????

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
At 42% Im thinking it would make far more sense to ban motorcycles than left hand turns...

28% of automobile accidents in intersections are caused by left hand turns across the path of oncoming traffic (NHTSC), so it is not just a motorcycle issue.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once got a stunting ticket, $402, 6 demerits.

The story adds up to any child could figure that what I did, where I did it and when would lead to trouble.

99st & Whyte ave, 11:30pm, friday night.

I got a little peer pressured by the action on the street and the other rumbling vehicals.

I did an awesome smokey brake stand & peeled thru the intersection.

The head light of the car behind me made it look so bad as$.

There was a cop with out any lights on his car right across the itersection from me. He radioed ahead. I got pulled over by the 7-11 by 2 cops on foot. That was embarassing.

Then the delightful cop said I had to remove my helmet. He also proceeded to tell me his identical to mine bike but a few years older was in better shape and mine was rough.

It was a 1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 VTX. That bike was made and totally unchanged from 1987 to 2001. That cop claimed he had a 83.

In my situtation I couldn't call out the cop and call him dumb for not knowing that.

Anywho, that's my story.

rmktony

Reaction score
Got 2 stunting tickets in one day at street wheelers. First one the downtips blew up a bunch of dust at an stop sign going uphill with a cop across the road with his lights on. Got pulled over 4 blocks later by someone else said the first cop called it in. Then i was mad figured might as well at least get my stunting in so did a h$ll of a smoke show on the other end of the strip. There was my next ticket, smoke still coming out the windows when he walked up. Went to court and cop had wrote saw dust coming from back of vehicle on the first ticket so told prosecuter i had the downtips under the car and the police car was across the road with his lights going i wounldnt have done anything stupid so that one got thrown out. Next one they wrote something about seeing it from a couple blocks away and my car still smoking when he got there. Prosecuter turned that one into a noise violation for me. $115 ticket with no demerits instead of the $800 i went into court with sounded good to me.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Among 20ish parking tickets, 5 seatbelt, 1 alcohol within reach of occupants (truck was stopped but parked on the grass outside the bar), 2 consuming alcohol in public (Olds College days), 5 photo radar, 1 failing to stop at a stop sign, 2 expired registration, 1 driving without insurance (truck towed), 1 backing with undue care and attention, 1 driving with an expired driving licence, and others I have forgotten.

I drove my motorcycle for years without a mtorcycle licence, just lucky I didnt get pulled over then. Once my rear signals quit working and I was riding through town, and a cop was behind me, I cant remember exactly how far past my destination i had to ride but it was a few miles until he turned off and i could proceed with my no signal turn.

The best was when I was 17ish. Me and a buddy were riding on a car hod being towed by another buddy on the town streets, we just had a freezing rain so it was working good. When the truck spun out going up the one hill and a cop drove around a corner we knew we were in for it. As the cop stopped his car on the hill and got out to start yelling at us his car begun to slide back down the hill, we started to run to help but he yelled for us to not move. We laughed as he chased his car and tried to get back in. It didnt hit anything but it seemed to get him angrier. This is where it is always good to have that one buddy who is great at talking to the cops!! After 10 min of the cop yelling at us and 20 min of the driver of the ruck in the car with the cop, he let us all go with warnings! This guy has talked us out of more dumb situations then I care to remember!

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's name was Clyde, and it was my 1st car. a candy apple red mavrick. buddy gave me some bald ass 50's on baby moon's that I had to bolt on. fuggers rubbed, so made some longer shackels and away we went cruisin with no back shocks connected cause they were now too short. did'nt take long to discover that with a little throttle and pumpin the brakes it would result in serious rear wheel hop, and more importantly my buddies in the back seat takin the thrashin of thier lives. well this was great fun bouncin up main street in spirit river up and till ol' officer happy pen seen us.

Top Bottom