Yahoo!!! Bought a new sled!!!:-)

94fordguy

Found a great deal on an 05 900 166 Anniversary Edition and decided to pull the trigger on it:D Yes I know these sleds have their problems and quirks, I have been doing a LOT of research on them lately and would like to think I am going in on this with my eyes open. The sled has a new Top end with updated pistons, new stator and a couple other things in that department, as well as brand new '09 gripper skis that have never seen the snow, what I am guessing is probably an HPS can on it, and scratchers...:D

Just can't wait to tear into this thing, First on the list is new throttle body boots, followed by removing the front radiator and installing a Skinz bumper, removing the sway bar, an SLP vent kit, Tether, probably an intake (either Fire and Ice or Timbersled) and double checking the oiler cable (the throttle section of the cable is in excellent condition).

My buddy has an '06 9 that rips, so I know what these 9s are capable of given the proper amount of finesse and elbow grease, just can't wait for the snow now:D:D

Here's a couple quick pics, gonna take more tomorrow as it is in my buddies garage at the moment...

100_3075.jpg

100_3076.jpg

100_3079.jpg

100_3078.jpg

100_3080.jpg

:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Looks real good..... Can't be many miles on it??? Looks way too clean! Congrats, and hope she rips when you're done... Seen a few that are set up well and really go!

94fordguy

Looks real good..... Can't be many miles on it??? Looks way too clean! Congrats, and hope she rips when you're done... Seen a few that are set up well and really go!

There's not even a single scratch on the belly pan...:eek::eek::D:D

believe it or not, it actually has 2,073 miles, 103.8 hours

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nice looking sled for a Poo....I used to like/ride them and the last one was an 04 159". I agree they can preform but sadly not in my hands.

On another note, the hills sure are looking dry!! Maybe Mother Nature is saving the moisture for the winter?? Let's hope

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
id get the fire and ice intake, my buddy had a timber sled on hi 05 and it ran like sh&^ in the deep stuff and bogged alot

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Clean!! Obviosly, it hasn't been following me through the trees!!! Not yet anyways.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez following you thru the trees is almost as bad as following winterrulz thru an open field:beer::d

94fordguy

bought the first few parts today after work... got a new set of throttle body boots, a tether, radiator delete kit, and a cover:D:D

Took off the sway bar and a couple other things on Sunday, between the sway bar, heat shields, can, and a couple other things, the sled is 25lbs down from stock already and there is still more to shed:D

100_3081.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3093.jpg

100_3096.jpg

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats, as long as the thing works well for ya, you should have a blast. :cool:

Top Bottom