Y2Y Founder & Shannon Phillips public meeting to discuss more trail closures..

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Y2Y Founder & Shannon Phillips public meeting to discuss more trail closures..

Saw this on the book today

WHEN DOES MINISTER PHILLIPS SEND HER TOP STAFF OUT TO THE BACK COUNTRY?

Could it be when she wants to establish another Provincial Park?

Alberta Environment & Parks Deputy Minister Andre Corbould attended a meeting in Rocky Mountain House on December 4, 2017.
Was it to test the waters?

AOHVA anticipates the announcement of a park in the Big Horn region early in 2018.
Could that mean the end of OHV use on another thousand+ kms of trails on Alberta Public Lands?

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Call 310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta), ask for Premier Notely’s office and/or Minister Phillips’ office to leave your comments.
Get your friends and family to do the same.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Y2Y Founder & Shannon Phillips public meeting to discuss more trail closures..

Saw this on the book today

WHEN DOES MINISTER PHILLIPS SEND HER TOP STAFF OUT TO THE BACK COUNTRY?

Could it be when she wants to establish another Provincial Park?

Alberta Environment & Parks Deputy Minister Andre Corbould attended a meeting in Rocky Mountain House on December 4, 2017.
Was it to test the waters?

AOHVA anticipates the announcement of a park in the Big Horn region early in 2018.
Could that mean the end of OHV use on another thousand+ kms of trails on Alberta Public Lands?

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Call 310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta), ask for Premier Notely’s office and/or Minister Phillips’ office to leave your comments.
Get your friends and family to do the same.

I saw this post today as well rebel, I thought to share it here, but decided not to so I’m not fear mongering or spreading any fake news here on the pages of SnM. So I said phuck it and waited for someone else to doo it.

Cal Rakach

Reaction score

Not fake news folks.
DM was in Rocky and Nordegg meeting various sectors to get the pulse on the neighborhood and begin building relationships.
I was at meeting with DM, Executive Director of the Land Use Secretariat, members of the Bighorn Heritage ATV Society and Olds Sled Club.
Pretty low (to non-excitant) levels of trust.
At this point I think we have a Castle 2.0. I got no indication otherwise. Talk and promises; we've played this game before.
Cal

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so cal, what is our best plan of attack, get proactive and start tying up the government phone lines. a few of us have sent the letters, postcards and e-mails to the above government people for the castle and looks like the bighorn area now, as it is we only have a few time limited trails out in the area as it is.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tell Jason Kenney how important these issues are to us. And then when we vote him in maybe someone will listen.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tell Jason Kenney how important these issues are to us. And then when we vote him in maybe someone will listen.

I sure hope so, i talked to brian jean and he would have been all over it, i sure hope the right guy got the pc nod

Cal Rakach

Reaction score

The one thing that always happens at these meetings where theADM, DM… whoever is there to ‘listen’….they always take the opportunity to lessen your position by stating that there areothers who disagree with you wanting to ride your quad out there or they want moreparks.. So our position really doesn’tmatter but thanks for playing.
DM did this several times in our meeting. Of course we pointed out all the lands outthere they don’t have to hear a motor. Classic ploy.
We were shown how well GoA is at listening in the Castle/Porkies/Livingstone…wellactually every time…
So since there are all these people that disagree with us,then it is time to let Notley and Phillips know how many we are. Use 310-0000 toll free, ask for the Premier’sor Ministers office to let them know. Bepolite.
When the closed signs are up…it’s too late. Act Now!
It’s game on people.
C.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I sure hope so, i talked to brian jean and he would have been all over it, i sure hope the right guy got the pc nod

I agree, I think Brian was the one in our court. Unfortunately Kenney is the best hope we have now. If the NDP win again I think we will see scenarios like castle everywhere on the eastern slopes. The part that scares me the most is that after they take the Rocky, Nordegg, Drayton, and Edson areas they move into my backyard next, and I know the apathy of people of up here will allow the areas to be taken with next to no fight.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, I think Brian was the one in our court. Unfortunately Kenney is the best hope we have now. If the NDP win again I think we will see scenarios like castle everywhere on the eastern slopes. The part that scares me the most is that after they take the Rocky, Nordegg, Drayton, and Edson areas they move into my backyard next, and I know the apathy of people of up here will allow the areas to be taken with next to no fight.

i am with ya, i'm also thinking the ndp y2y'rs are counting on it. castle showed them how easy it is!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Castle thing would of looked different if more people jumped on board when it was needed. It wasn't enough push from us to make it happen.

The Closer of the Big Horn "is" going to happen my friends, weather we like it or not.
North Saskatchewan River plan soon to follow, Wood Buffalo, then all up along the Eastern side of the Province.

I'm staying out of this one since Albertans / Canadians except things for what they are,,, I'm guilty of this since I've been raised around sheep "so to speak."

I'm not going to go into a George Carlins spiel, but us people here in the Americas are pathetic,,, again, I take full blame of this on my shoulders to.

Nothing going to change since there is no real game plan to get it done.
Not enough OHV folks that support to cause, not enough sled dudes, and deffinatly not enough general public support from what I see.

I'll run my little unit for a few more years, then trade it in for a top quality lawn chair to sit in the ditch along side of the hyw looking at the places we could once travel to.

Oh well.
Change can't come from a few, it would take all of us and our family and friends to at least drive the message home, but I know it won't happen.

Most in the Americas are sheep including me, there is no change and we will be here till we are not.

Yuppers, sad reality is doing nothing, oh well.
At least this sheep has a lawn chair idea until they ban them to. LOL.

Good luck everyone, only the matter of time when the flags are put away, lights turned out.

Sorry Nabours, this Province is now closed for business.

The Lem

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Castle thing would of looked different if more people jumped on board when it was needed. It wasn't enough push from us to make it happen.

The Closer of the Big Horn "is" going to happen my friends, weather we like it or not.
North Saskatchewan River plan soon to follow, Wood Buffalo, then all up along the Eastern side of the Province.

I'm staying out of this one since Albertans / Canadians except things for what they are,,, I'm guilty of this since I've been raised around sheep "so to speak."

I'm not going to go into a George Carlins spiel, but us people here in the Americas are pathetic,,, again, I take full blame of this on my shoulders to.

Nothing going to change since there is no real game plan to get it done.
Not enough OHV folks that support to cause, not enough sled dudes, and deffinatly not enough general public support from what I see.

I'll run my little unit for a few more years, then trade it in for a top quality lawn chair to sit in the ditch along side of the hyw looking at the places we could once travel to.

Oh well.
Change can't come from a few, it would take all of us and our family and friends to at least drive the message home, but I know it won't happen.

Most in the Americas are sheep including me, there is no change and we will be here till we are not.

Yuppers, sad reality is doing nothing, oh well.
At least this sheep has a lawn chair idea until they ban them to. LOL.

Good luck everyone, only the matter of time when the flags are put away, lights turned out.

Sorry Nabours, this Province is now closed for business.

The Lem

i have to agree with most of your post there lem, although i will do what i can to keep us riding out west. funny if every one who posts on here were to call nutley and philips only once. but alas beotchin on here is easier to do. he11 the call is free, takes a few minutes plus you get to tell the ndp what you think of them.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Many user groups are compiling information to send to the ministers. Alpine club of Canada for example is asking members to fill out surveys so they have something to present. Although they are for "self propelled activity". They are asking users to plot on an interactive map locations that activities occur. Like you said we know things need to be done pro actively to show support for public use. There are years of discussion under the Conservatives don't forget that led to Castle. Complacency and thinking they wouldn't do it didn't work. We currently know we have a government that will act on closing down area. The north Saskatchewan River plan and the bighorn are two areas next to get shuttered. Voice your opinions other than here to get action. Be it biking, ohvs, skiing, climbing, hunting etc. Get in touch with your local user groups.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

apparently Phillips and her minions are in Hinton and Edson today for "low profile" meetings .... wonder what that could be about :(

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fake news. Its a good thing. Right honda75? Lol

honda75

Reaction score

It was fake, remember. She was not in Nordegg. According to this, she's in Minnesota today, https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=511058A511A8C-A133-4117-40E5900C0F1E51BC so I don't know why riling folks up saying she's in Edson and Hinton helps either.

Yes, there is definitely work afoot on a plan for the Bighorn. This is not secret. Yes we should get organized. Save the alerts for when they are real. Get things confirmed so we can focus on the real things. Happened last year when dozens of folks drove from Edmonton for an "announcement by the Minister to shut down Nordegg" that turned out to be some old ladies at a community meeting.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It was fake, remember. She was not in Nordegg. According to this, she's in Minnesota today, https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=511058A511A8C-A133-4117-40E5900C0F1E51BC so I don't know why riling folks up saying she's in Edson and Hinton helps either.

Yes, there is definitely work afoot on a plan for the Bighorn. This is not secret. Yes we should get organized. Save the alerts for when they are real. Get things confirmed so we can focus on the real things. Happened last year when dozens of folks drove from Edmonton for an "announcement by the Minister to shut down Nordegg" that turned out to be some old ladies at a community meeting.

she personally may not have been there, from what i can tell? but from what i understand her rep was there? no idea otherwise, but i have no problem with a heads up post. otherwise these secret meetings go on unannounced. better to hear something than nothing at all. i'm afraid the access to the west country is coming to a close!

y2y is anti hunting, anti human activity of any kind, they have been waiting for the ndp to get into power i'm afraid.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Sorry... The text i got from a friend was either monday or tuesday... He texted me this morning, so i took it as it was current... Just passing on what she saw. I'll see if i can get more info from her ;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ndp definitely keeping it quiet.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If we offered a Ford 1/2 ton with 2 sleds on a aluminum deck as a gift for showing up at a rally.

If a rally takes place, it might be wise to have it when they are sitting, and lots of people.
2 that show up should be enough. LOL.

Don

Top Bottom