XP, Wow

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Everest 154 on Wednesday and rode McBride on the weekend. All I can say is WoW! Learning curve was pretty severe coming from my ZX and having never ridden a REV but by the end of day 1 was getting pretty comfortable. Power is seemless and constant, no problem holding rpms all day. Effortless to get it to carve in the powder and very comfortable on the bumps, (trails were pretty rough).

116 miles and zero belt or handwarmer problems. Dealer did a good job of cleaning the clutches and I removed all the plastic junk from the clutch cover as soon as I got it home.

First impressions were great and I cannot wait until the break in chip is finally burnt and it really opens up. Thank You BRP lets hope the good luck continues!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First impressions were great and I cannot wait until the break in chip is finally burnt and it really opens up. Thank You BRP lets hope the good luck continues!

There is no "Break in chip" anymore. It was only put in a couple of years, and BRP has not had them for a few years now.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
There is a program that is installed in the mapping of the xp that "expires" aprox. 10 hrs into run time, depending on rpm. I was told by my dealer that it retards the engine's timing as not to let it over rev. I did notice that my max rpm went from 8085 rpm @ 7000' with cliker 3 @ 8 hr's to 8400 rpm @ 7000' with cliker 3 @ 11 hrs, without changing a thing.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a program that is installed in the mapping of the xp that "expires" aprox. 10 hrs into run time, depending on rpm. I was told by my dealer that it retards the engine's timing as not to let it over rev. I did notice that my max rpm went from 8085 rpm @ 7000' with cliker 3 @ 8 hr's to 8400 rpm @ 7000' with cliker 3 @ 11 hrs, without changing a thing.
mine was reving 8400 rpm`s on clicker 3. I had to drop down to number 2. It may have been my track... I think I am the only one who went with the 'lite' track. Even on clicker 2 now I`m still pulling over my 8150 mark.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pulling over 8150 on clicker 1 with about 6 hours on it! I asked the dealer when I took it in for the "10 Hour Inspection" and he said that he would take a look at it. He didn't sound very concerned though.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running on clicker 4 on day one and needed to drop back, same reason, RPM's getting higher and engine stronger. Will be dropping back to 3 or maybe 2 on next trip. As for break in chip, it is there and doing what it is supposed to, it is in the manual as well. 10 hours or 300 miles before it is fully released.

hardcorex

Reaction score
if you are looking for 8150 rpm you can run at about 8300 on the tach . they are usually understatedby100-150rpm. not sure about the new digital thou.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran my new 800 -163 for 4 weekends in a row and never had to change the clickers,i also recluched before ridding it the first time. It runs 8220-8250 all day long, and ya they go great for out of the box sled.:D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
mine was reving 8400 rpm`s on clicker 3. I had to drop down to number 2. It may have been my track... I think I am the only one who went with the 'lite' track. Even on clicker 2 now I`m still pulling over my 8150 mark.

mine has the challenger lite aswell I had to move my clicker down to 2 and still was over 8150. I also installed Nos so everything is going to be out to lunch for awhile I think untill I get the clutch figured out.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine has the challenger lite aswell I had to move my clicker down to 2 and still was over 8150. I also installed Nos so everything is going to be out to lunch for awhile I think untill I get the clutch figured out.

If you guys are pulling those high RPM's in the hills, how are you going to ride at home? You can only dial the clickers down one more notch.(My 06 800 is usually on 1 at home, 3 or 4 in the hills).

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`m not to worried about riding around here. I wouldn`t be riding as hard here as I would in the hills. Around here I`ll probably be riding my kid with me. But if it was to be ridin` hard and the RPM`s are to high we would have to put heavier weights/set screws in the primary. It`s suppose to be easy but haven`t done it yet.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are looking for 8150 rpm you can run at about 8300 on the tach . they are usually understatedby100-150rpm. not sure about the new digital thou.
I was told by my dealer that the Digital Tach is very accurate and not to go by the Analog one. Also was told to not run more than 100 rpm`s above the 8150 because power drops big time.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I tested my nos last night and all seems to be good. I am on clicker 1 and with short bursts of nos I hit 8300 real fast. I only hit the button 3 times for maybe 3 seconds just to make sure everything was working properly and it is. I won't be running the nos at any lower elevations and I rarely trail ride except with my kids. I'll have to wait for the mountains on the 27th to tune the clutch I'll be bringing set screws/weights ect. I'm looking for a heat shield type of material for the line off my bottle does anyone have any sugestions what to use? thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tested my nos last night and all seems to be good. I am on clicker 1 and with short bursts of nos I hit 8300 real fast. I only hit the button 3 times for maybe 3 seconds just to make sure everything was working properly and it is. I won't be running the nos at any lower elevations and I rarely trail ride except with my kids. I'll have to wait for the mountains on the 27th to tune the clutch I'll be bringing set screws/weights ect. I'm looking for a heat shield type of material for the line off my bottle does anyone have any sugestions what to use? thanks
I believe I have part of a roll of a foam backed foil tape that might work not, sure where it came from.

Top Bottom