XP Turbo build

cbsharp

Reaction score
Thanks, we built a set on our Dragon Turbo build last year and they worked amazing, no snow build up and very strong.Thanks for the feedback.
Did you build those running boards yourself or get them elsewhere. I am shopping for aftermarket boards.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you build those running boards yourself or get them elsewhere. I am shopping for aftermarket boards.

We built them, and we have ran them on our Turbo dragon last year also they work awesome, but were not putting them into production, we will just continue to install them on the sleds we build.

Thanks

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well call me crazy, but with all the positive response we have had on this machine we have decided to put it for sale and build another just like it. So if your interested check it out in the classified section.

Thanks

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well call me crazy, but with all the positive response we have had on this machine we have decided to put it for sale and build another just like it. So if your interested check it out in the classified section.

Thanks
LOL I was waiting to see it for sale. WOW you have managed to build the first xp turbo to work on the hill. I have yet to see a carbureted motor (XP) turbo work.
BY the way that clip was pathetic nothing against skidoo but the etec will work with a turbo, XP....NOT.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make you a deal, I'm selling my M8 turbo also so we race at 3 different elevations same day no tuning and loser buys the other sled

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I was waiting to see it for sale. WOW you have managed to build the first xp turbo to work on the hill. I have yet to see a carbureted motor (XP) turbo work.
BY the way that clip was pathetic nothing against skidoo but the etec will work with a turbo, XP....NOT.

Make you a deal, I'm selling my M8 turbo also so we race at 3 different elevations same day no tuning and loser buys the other sled

Hi Storch

Thanks for your feedback. I have owned a Turbo M8, I have owned a Turbo Dragon, and in all honesty the XP is by far the best Turbo machine I have owned. There is zero hesitation or lag, there is no fooling around with a tuning box. The sled flat out runs. I put AV gas and oil in it and pull the cord and run.

again thanks for your feedback.

Attachments

• DSCF1602.JPG
    DSCF1602.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 236
  • P1160828.JPG
    P1160828.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 249

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you are the first to be happy with a turbo'd xp. Specialty gave up and well I seen absoulte powers creation and well lets just say piece of sh>t. Not saying you don't do a good build but I can't see it working consistent. all the best on your builds but you aint convincing me

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you are the first to be happy with a turbo'd xp. Specialty gave up and well I seen absoulte powers creation and well lets just say piece of sh>t. Not saying you don't do a good build but I can't see it working consistent. all the best on your builds but you aint convincing me

Hey Storch

Once again I appreciate the input. I can only tell you what I am experiencing first hand, and it is that this is the first Turbo that I have been 100% happy with. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe I installed everything properly and figured out the proper jetting and BOV spring setting, and proper flow jets, and proper turbo size and proper clutching, I don't know what it is. But either way this machine is absolutely awesome, I have no reason to say otherwise. At the end of the day all I want is a Turbo with the least amount of tuning and least hassle so I can ride how I like and this is the machine that lets me do it.

Thanks

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Storch

Once again I appreciate the input. I can only tell you what I am experiencing first hand, and it is that this is the first Turbo that I have been 100% happy with. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe I installed everything properly and figured out the proper jetting and BOV spring setting, and proper flow jets, and proper turbo size and proper clutching, I don't know what it is. But either way this machine is absolutely awesome, I have no reason to say otherwise. At the end of the day all I want is a Turbo with the least amount of tuning and least hassle so I can ride how I like and this is the machine that lets me do it.

Thanks

Kudos dude....very professional!!!! You coulda went on a rant about this and that but you decided not you...I respect you for that....lots of brand bashing going on lately about dealers, brands, etc, etc. Oh and like others mentioned very nice build, glad you enjoy riding what works for you. Cheers

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeff...the sled looks awesome!! Glad it is working out well for you. One thing that I have to say about turbo'd sleds is that the more you are around them - the more intimate you become with their characteristics and tuning. I can tell by your build and your sled decks that you are extremely meticulous. Those that are meticulous, take pride in what they do and pay attention to how certain things react - will always be able to overcome the law of averages and have flawless creations - both in form and function. Great job:beer:

Last edited:

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Just a quick update. Got to run the sled in the mountains today. Parking lot was 1400ft, we rode up to 5500 ft played there for part of the day then rode up to 7100 ft and played there for part of the day and then ended up at about 6300ft for the rest of the day.
I did not have to make one adjustment to the machine, not once did I open a side panel, nothing, put AV gas in it last night along with oil. Started it at the parking lot rode all day, and then put it away!
Here is a short clip of it, the camera doesn't do the steepness justice.

Ski doo XP Turbo - YouTube

The machine ran flawless. Also looks likes it's going to a new home in January. I will be building another one over the summer for sure!
Thanks
Jeff

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its me again.....How are you making any money building a turbo and all the work and time and selling it for 12k. I know what it takes to do and the cost. Id amagine after
all the riding its now worth 10k..lol. I still have a hard time buying this sled is as good as you say. I know a lot and i mean a lot of people who have tried this and makes an expensive boat anchor

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its me again.....How are you making any money building a turbo and all the work and time and selling it for 12k. I know what it takes to do and the cost. Id amagine after
all the riding its now worth 10k..lol. I still have a hard time buying this sled is as good as you say. I know a lot and i mean a lot of people who have tried this and makes an expensive boat anchor

Hey Storch

Like any good investment the profit isn't in the investment when you sell whatever it is you are selling, it is in the investment when you purchase whatever it is your buying. I cannot comment on what everyone else has tried, or done, I can only comment on what I have built, what I have ridden and what I rode today. In the tree's, in the deep stuff, in the steep stuff from the parking lot to 7100ft the sled didn't miss a beat, didn't burp didn't hesitate, nothing.

As I mentioned before I am not certain if it is pure luck or just a good job on reaserching and making some of my own adjustments that made sense to me, in order to get this machine to work. I guess where I will really find out is in my next build, and I can guarantee that I will not change one thing with the installation or setup of the machine it works too flawless to change anything. Again I have no other reason to say otherwise, the machine is spoken for already and will be going to it's new owner in January.

When I build the next XP I will again post the details on it, and if it runs as well as this one then I guess I have figured it out, and if it doesn't then I guess this machine was pure luck.

Wishing you a great holiday season!!!

Thanks

Jeff

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like ur attitude, class and the way u stand behind ur product but i do gotta side with storch a bit. That last kwik flash of a vid sooo doesnt show enuf of what u say this sled is capable of....if its as flawless as u say why not throw a go pro on, get another guy followin and shred the mountainside all day, then throw up a killer 6 min vid and the orders may start flowing in.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the best to the new owner hope he is as happy as you!!!! all the best on all your xp builds but etek's r the place to be. STILL NOT SOLD

Top Bottom