XP starting

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the XP's aren't a true EFI,so my question is if the sled is on it's side or needed to be rolled over how are they to start?
Are they like the Cat efi it'll still start no problem ,or does it take abit to get them going?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
the XP's aren't a true EFI,so my question is if the sled is on it's side or needed to be rolled over how are they to start?
Are they like the Cat efi it'll still start no problem ,or does it take abit to get them going?

They still have a float bowl so they are like a normal sled with carbs. If the fuel spills out, they will take a bit to get started. No big deal. I just push the button.....

Attachments

• Jan 29mcbride 2010 033.jpg
    Jan 29mcbride 2010 033.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They still have a float bowl so they are like a normal sled with carbs. If the fuel spills out, they will take a bit to get started. No big deal. I just push the button.....

yup just hit the button, or pull the cord like 25 times.
I am taking my e-start off to make room for a N02 bottle :)
$600.00 and its yours lol

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya roll her over hold it pinned and give her a good 6-8 pulls and you are back to slashin the goods......

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Flabba and Powderslud said....they get going pretty easy.....it's not like a 97 670 LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya....ive had mine over for a few mins it was only 3-5 pulls...no big deal..

not like my 01 where i have to take off vacume lines and blow them out

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Flabba and Powderslud said....they get going pretty easy.....it's not like a 97 670 LOL.

You have got that right my 670 is 30+ pulls if it goes upside down:rant:
I don't miss that at all!:d:beer:

IS IT SNOWING YET!:snow:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm officially an old dude....bought e start for mine off dootalk after 3 seasons of watching my buddy push the button for a few seconds on his XP and riding away after an unstuck/rollover/etc....5 pulls seems way too many after digging and rolling it out of a bad stuck....lol.

just for chits and giggles, I got my kit for 250 bucks in the dootalk classifieds. never used, complete kit with harness, mounting bracket, battery and starter from a dude in BC. score.....:d

oh, and what 'jabba said....I'm ready for snow :beer:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm officially an old dude....bought e start for mine off dootalk after 3 seasons of watching my buddy push the button for a few seconds on his XP and riding away after an unstuck/rollover/etc....5 pulls seems way too many after digging and rolling it out of a bad stuck....lol.

just for chits and giggles, I got my kit for 250 bucks in the dootalk classifieds. never used, complete kit with harness, mounting bracket, battery and starter from a dude in BC. score.....:d

oh, and what 'jabba said....I'm ready for snow :beer:

Yup, after pushing the button since 2003, I'll never have another without E-start. If weight is your concern, then just hold back on the cheeseburgers...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
yup just hit the button, or pull the cord like 25 times.
I am taking my e-start off to make room for a N02 bottle :)
$600.00 and its yours lol

I'm putting my bottle on and keeping the start!! There is totally room!

Top Bottom