xp leaky oil cap

DAN03REV

Reaction score
here is a pic of an insert as requested by a few members .. i sell 3 different inserts for correct fitment .. email me for fitment details ..

Attachments

• TYPE  INSERT.jpg
    TYPE INSERT.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 118

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil resivor is covered under warrenty. freebie, nada. Get the fuel tank, Y pipe bolts and grips done at the same time. All safety issues.

DAN03REV

Reaction score
i believe guys with a 2008 XP Skidoo now have to pay for the tank and installation .. not a cheap fix i hear .. i am selling to dealers so they dont have to swap tanks .. dealers are hearing about me from trail talk .. not sure how many dealers on this website, but for those who are on here i thank you for your business .. :)

scronky donk

Reaction score
does anyone have a fix for the leaky oil cap on xp's?? i have checked the rubber o ring seal, its fine. it almost seems like you can't get the cap tight enough to seal around the threads. tried a cap off a 96mxz,they are a little taller, more threads, but still leaks. really tired of the mess. help!!!

ya i made doo fix mine on warranty, was making one hell of a mess in there. anyhow i talkded to some buds and they swapped their oil cap and gas cap and they said that worked..... worth a try

DAN03REV

Reaction score
:)many happy sledheads .. thanks guys for the offseason business :)
=======
TYPE #1 -- fitment 2008/current XP chassis
TYPE #2 -- fitment 2003-2007 REV chassis
TYPE #3 -- any 2003/older SKIDOO (ZX, CK, F, and S chassis) and most ARCTIC CAT and POLARIS models

thorrider11

Reaction score
I was just at mots machining and they have the same product there for 15.95 in stock. Support local call mots at 780-418-5595.

DAN03REV

Reaction score
I was just at mots machining and they have the same product there for 15.95 in stock. Support local call mots at 780-418-5595.

is this a copy of mine ?? .. if so, not happy ... been selling these for 4 years now .. i sell em for $15.00 shipped anywhere in North America ... PAYPAL, check, money order, and cash accepted .. sorry no credit cards

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks DAN03REV just got it! Mine never leaked (08) but I bought this so I can get the F@#$ing thing off. I never tighten it stupid tight but it has been a PITA to get off since I got it. Tried it out and is way easier to get the cap off with the insert. Cheap fix!

DAN03REV

Reaction score
Keep it clean up front .. no more leaks -- no more oily pull rope -- no more oil on your brakes
New sleeve with a wider sealing surface area and tapered bore for added strength -- o-ring supplied -- 1 new sleeve fits em all --
+++ email me for more info at dan_03rev@yahoo.com +++

New sleeve will fit OEM oil cap/reservoir of all make/model listed below:

SKIDOO
XP chassis
REV chassis
ZX, CK, F, and S chassis

ARCTIC CAT
Crossfire chassis
M-series chassis
SNO PRO chassis

POLARIS (any chassis with a 1.75 inch oil reservoir opening - please check dimension before ordering)
EDGE
IQ
RMK
SKS
SWITCHBACK
RUSH
INDY
FUSION
PRO X, XR, XR FAN
XC, XC-SP
SPORT, CLASSIC, FRONTIER TOURING

will not fit these OEM oil cap/reservoirs :