XP foam air filter

mxracer328

Reaction score
well i went for a ride the other day in some deep powder, first ride in really deep snow since i got the sled. i went and did some maintence to the sled, thawed it out, cleaned clutches etc. took the foam out of the air intake and there was a pile of snow behind it. now it got me to thinking about how much snow i sucked and what my internals are looking like. anyone else notice this. im trying to think of a way to get around this, but dont wanna fork out the $250 on a timbersled intake or something like it. what have some of you guys done?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a post in the snowmobile chat about this same problem that happend to another guy, I responded to that post, go check it out.

mxracer328

Reaction score
has anyone trie the JT intake system for the XP?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went for a ride the other day in some deep powder, first ride in really deep snow since i got the sled. i went and did some maintence to the sled, thawed it out, cleaned clutches etc. took the foam out of the air intake and there was a pile of snow behind it. now it got me to thinking about how much snow i sucked and what my internals are looking like. anyone else notice this. im trying to think of a way to get around this, but dont wanna fork out the $250 on a timbersled intake or something like it. what have some of you guys done?

You should be able to retrofit it back the the 'pantyhose' cover the 08's had. It may plug off pretty bad but at least it doesn't let huge amounts of snow into the airbox. Powder valves from SLP or strategically placed flowrites can help with the clogging too.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to retrofit it back the the 'pantyhose' cover the 08's had. It may plug off pretty bad but at least it doesn't let huge amounts of snow into the airbox. Powder valves from SLP or strategically placed flowrites can help with the clogging too.

Yah they do retro fit and you can get the slp powder valves that will only open once that gets plugged and it wont bog the motor down at a bad time like in a climb or something like that.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tossed the puffy tampon that came on my 09 for the same reason....went back to the 08 screen and added the SLP cold air intake....plus two Flowrites in the back of the lower airbox.

Top Bottom