Xp Can?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Sled Specialties can for the XP800, ordered one, ceramic coated. Was going to go with the MBRP but no one had one. You sure get ten different stores depending on the shop you talk to, I really like the ones that tell you you make HP with a can???????

zeeberg7

Reaction score
I got my name on a list right away for an MBRP and just picked it up at the beginning of the month. I heard that the rev-xp 800's ran best with the MBRP. I heard that it is the only can that doesn't rob horsepower.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I put "the thing" on mine and I love the sound a little more throaty than the rest and turbo Al told me that his pipe was the only one that was not losing power at "elevation" but had not reported any gain. I also like it because it leaves a little more room for mounting the juice bottle than the rest.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
if anyone is looking for and MBRP can I was just looking on E-bay and this guy has 7 for sale. search the item # 270193667132.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Martin Equipment tested some cans and they said that the only that didn`t loose power was the MBRP.

Martin did not test the cans. BRP tested the cans out in quebec at sea level and they only tested some cans not all . So then they tell everyone that the MBRP is the only one to make power but a can set up for 0-2000 feet will make power there and not hurt the motor and a can set up for 2500 ft and up will make better power in the hills than a sea level can ..

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin did not test the cans. BRP tested the cans out in quebec at sea level and they only tested some cans not all . So then they tell everyone that the MBRP is the only one to make power but a can set up for 0-2000 feet will make power there and not hurt the motor and a can set up for 2500 ft and up will make better power in the hills than a sea level can ..
Those lying Bastards, they lied to me,lol.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on the Sled Specialties can today...its loud, way louder than my MBRP on my 06 800X. As far as power will have to wait and see, but they tell me they don't lose any power and thats all you can ask out of can. A can will not make power...pipe makes power.

Boost Monster

Reaction score
Just put on the Sled Specialties can today...its loud, way louder than my MBRP on my 06 800X. As far as power will have to wait and see, but they tell me they don't lose any power and thats all you can ask out of can. A can will not make power...pipe makes power.

If he told you the can he sells lost power. Would you have bought it? Mr. Specialty is the KING of BS. Take it for what it's worth

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he told you the can he sells lost power. Would you have bought it? Mr. Specialty is the KING of BS. Take it for what it's worth

I agree he is all about his S#1T, he sure comes across as a pompus A$$ though. But I know alot of fellas around RD are running SS stuff and no complants and he seems to sell alot of them. I have always been a MBRP fan for the Doos anyway, but everyone that sold them were out . The other dealers that I phoned told me theirs Made power and I can't belive that. The MBRP was my first choice but Mr. Specialty made a goodpoint that they are made for the easterners not mountain guy's. So I thought we would give it a try. Seems to be a well made product so far!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 800r had a mbrp can on it went to the hills and broght stock can with me and a p85 also best combo was stock can and tra. the can in in the garage ina box. Ask For a DYNO SHEET on the testing. There was 50 + feet differece from the stock can to the mbrp can on 3-4 runs in a row. Best way to prove it to yourself. Just my 2 bits.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D Personally when someone builds and has their own dyno to keep checking thier product on power wise,i would rather buy from that guy then someone who does'nt have a dyno just a stock room and an ex Tim Horton's drive thru dude as your salesman for this kind of stuff.:rollinglaugh:Best thing to do,like i do if i dont believe dyno result's is get other dyno runs done by other's....Mott's,,,Echo....ECT...they can fudge the numbers...Dont forget that just a pipe might show same HP down here but if you dyno up high it"ll be different..Example my 06-800 was dyno'ed stock at 143HP then i put the 827 kit on and dyno'ed again using Motts dyno, showed same HP down here,,but when i went to 7000-8000ft what a big difference...:twocents:

Top Bottom