XP 800 Pipe Y Pipe issue

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I am running pipe & y pipe & i am at 2300 feet joe told me to run 2.4 grams of weight & clicker # 4 & when i go to the hills put 15.3 in it on clicker # 4 & hold it to the pin what more can i say

doostylz

Reaction score
Just as a side note I found a good system that worked out very well for myself and 2 other buddies at the same time. Dont get me wrong I piped and canned my last 2 summits and loved it now here is the but. The stock pipe on an XP is already a tuned pipe and well all I did was take off the Y and the pipe stripped the outer shell off the stock pipe. Took a dye grinder then a flapper wheel to the inside of the Y pipe to smooth out the inner engine side as it has quite a lip. Then sent the pieces to impact coating in Edmonton and had both ceramic coated nice and shiny i might add for $170.00 for 1 Y and 1 pipe. More room under the hood without the outer shroud, less heat thanks to powder coat, and imo atouch more ponies due to keeping the heat in the pipe. Worked for all three of our xp's 2-08's and 1-09.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride mainly at 5500 -7000 ft in Clicker 4 last trip
Set up snow

I want to run in clicker 3-4 so i need to be in clicker 1-2 at home in Sherwood
Park

Thanks for the comments

Straightline Pipe does not work on my sled

birdie

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
When i get home i am going to put the stock pipe back on if the troubles stop i will get my stock pipe coated as well any one looking for a brand new crank shop pipe because it will be for sale
I am going to try to get my money back from the place that i bought it at i don't see how you can buy some thing for 800 dollars & be told that it will work & it doesn't & not get you money back i will give you the details in 7 or 8 days when i get home

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just as a side note I found a good system that worked out very well for myself and 2 other buddies at the same time. Dont get me wrong I piped and canned my last 2 summits and loved it now here is the but. The stock pipe on an XP is already a tuned pipe and well all I did was take off the Y and the pipe stripped the outer shell off the stock pipe. Took a dye grinder then a flapper wheel to the inside of the Y pipe to smooth out the inner engine side as it has quite a lip. Then sent the pieces to impact coating in Edmonton and had both ceramic coated nice and shiny i might add for $170.00 for 1 Y and 1 pipe. More room under the hood without the outer shroud, less heat thanks to powder coat, and imo atouch more ponies due to keeping the heat in the pipe. Worked for all three of our xp's 2-08's and 1-09.

I was thinking of doing the same but was advised against it as they said that there were problems with the stock coated pipes cracking. How long have you guys had your pipes done? Maybe what I heard was just a vicious rumor?>

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I took the pipe off my sled this morning to see if i could see any thing wrong every thing looked good tereb was no carben in the y pipe pipe thats for sure or the pipe for that matter but there was some oil laying in the y pipe the last time it had the sled out i let it idel for 5 min's or so after i got back to met some of the snow off it before i put it in the trailer i was going to install a pipe off a 07 summit just to see the the troubles i am having would go away but it wouldn't fit i will have to wait till i get home to put on the stock pipe
I talked to a guy last night thatb said that i should jet up i cann't see that the diff beteen a stock pipe & a after market is very little if any thing any info would be nice THANKS

gdawg

Reaction score
just a suggestion im running dynoport pipe and y pipe and specialty sleds stinger. and it works unbelievable the gains were big. climbin up a hill u hit mid range to full throttle and world of a difference, my buddy has the same sled, he goin with my set up as well.

doostylz

Reaction score
had it done in Dec 09 put on just under 400 miles since and no problems. All 3 sleds that were done show no bad signs what so ever

Manchen

Reaction score
I have an 08 800 XP 154 Summit
Have about 1000 miles on it and I just put a SLP Y Pipe & Pipe on this past week and noticed a problem issue with the performance of the sled
It acts almost like it is either running out of fuel or missing at full throttle
and it is down in power at wide open
in stock form it pulled hard The other thing I noticed is I had to go up 2 on the clickers to pull 8100 so it tells me I have lots power I was running in the 4 spot and had to run in 6 all weekend
Does anyone know if you should change the needle position?

Any ideas would be most helpful and appreciated

birdie

Same Problem... the 09 has Longer Bolts... Get new Bolts, Gaskets... Use Red Goop... Hmm Whatsit called? Thread Lock... Yes.. Not the Blue... and Use Spider Lock Washers... if It still runs like a bag of ch!t... you will have torn an "Exhaust Bellows" ... There is another name for that part ... but that will get you the solution. Solved. 100%

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Just installed the stock pipe & removed the crank shop i gained 300 rpms & am running 15.3 grams on clicker 3 at 2300 feet she is hitting 8300 & holding it for as long as you wont took the stock pipe off & installed the crank shop pipe again it held the 8300 rpms for i run across the field then when the pipe got hot is was running at 8000 not even in the power band of thease sled you could feel the diff as it backed off when i get home i am going to remove the crank shop y pipe & install the stock one no more pipe for my they look good if i am going to lose power that is no good THE PIPE & Y PIPE IS FOR SALE 75 MILES ON JUST LIKE NEW 800 OBO AS YOU READY ABOVE THEASE PIPES WORK ON SOME SLED JUST NOT MINE P.S. I BOUGHT THIS PIPE FROM RYAN IN LOMOUNT HE SAID THAT THE PIPE WOULD WORK NO JETTING NO CHANGING ANY THING I WILL TAKE TO HIM ON MONDAY & SEE IF HE WILL TAKE THE PIPE BACK & AT LEASE GIVE BACK 2/3 OF MY MONEY

Woodtang

Reaction score
I have a 08 154 XP. Dynoport y pipe and pipe, MBRP can, boyesen reeds, rk tek head, slp air mod, Dynmamoe Joe clutch kit QR11, and running 460 jets. Only getting 7600 RPM on clicker 4 with track up in the air at sea level in my shop. I think I am around 20.4 grams of weight. Can anyone help me get to where I want to be? I would like to ride on clicker 3. I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow and make some changes, but don't know where to start.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 154 XP. Dynoport y pipe and pipe, MBRP can, boyesen reeds, rk tek head, slp air mod, Dynmamoe Joe clutch kit QR11, and running 460 jets. Only getting 7600 RPM on clicker 4 with track up in the air at sea level in my shop. I think I am around 20.4 grams of weight. Can anyone help me get to where I want to be? I would like to ride on clicker 3. I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow and make some changes, but don't know where to start.

I think you've got too much weight. DJ recommends 15.9 grams for a stock sled at 3500ft. I'm guessing you should be in the 16-17 gram range but don't quote me on that.

Top Bottom