XMR Problems

3-J

Reaction score
Bought bike last year. It has 360km on. Took it up north last weekend for first ride of the year. Found that when ever i got in a mud hole had lots of trouble with smoking the belt. Bike is stoke. Wondering if any one else is having same problem. Do i need to clutch it.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought bike last year. It has 360km on. Took it up north last weekend for first ride of the year. Found that when ever i got in a mud hole had lots of trouble with smoking the belt. Bike is stoke. Wondering if any one else is having same problem. Do i need to clutch it.

Put it in low. If your in high you will smoke the belt cause the tires are so big and it's working too hard to spin them in the mud

Sent from a iPhone

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that bike you will need to use low most of the time. And now that the belt has been smoked you will need a new one.

3-J

Reaction score
Put it in low. If your in high you will smoke the belt cause the tires are so big and it's working too hard to spin them in the mud

Sent from a iPhone

Bike was in low. Unless doing over 40km/hr bike stays in low pretty much all the time.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bike was in low. Unless doing over 40km/hr bike stays in low pretty much all the time.
Then you definately need to look at your clutches. If someone has put an aftermarket belt in there, go back to a stocker. I think some guys were going to the Dalton yellow/black secondary spring for a bit more grip, or to the entire Dalton mudrunner clutch kit.

extreme

Reaction score
had same problem till i went to delton mud clutch and i have 27" black mombas with 2 3/4 inch lugs and no belt smoke

dasboot

Reaction score
Have a good friend with an 12 XMR............ went thru 2 belts before going to an airdam primary. Has never had a problem since. Hear the Daltons work well on them but we are constantly looking for the deep stuff so................ he went all out.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As DaveB said go with the Dalton Mudrunner kit and use the weights for the over 27 inch tires as the Mambas size big compared to say a 27 inch Mudbug with the 31/30 lugs.

Top Bottom