XM must have add ons

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am about to make the plunge and pick up a new sled. I haven't had a new sled since 04 so just looking for must have accessories for the new xm?

Skid plate
Not really a must but I am going with a pair of simmons gen 3 skis
Link system
bag

I dunno what else?

I am looking for some type of wheel system for garage storing as I will be keeping it in a friends garage and I don't want to have kind of issue on the floor (I know its not a big deal to them I just don't want any marks on it)
Also does the oil cap get locked on the new sleds wicked tight like the old ones did?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pass on the Simmons. I am a huge fan of them but not on the XM. The DS ski's are great IMO. A can is great for weight reduction and makes checking the chaincase chain tension much easier. Get a fuel caddy as well for those WOT powder days and a set of quick clickers and you are good to go! Enjoy!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still have to put the aftermarket aluminum ring in the oil tank. Stock skis are great. Quick clickers as snopro mentioned. Princess auto has the best deal on the 3 set of coasters.

Sent from my iPhone using

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pass on the Simmons. I am a huge fan of them but not on the XM. The DS ski's are great IMO. A can is great for weight reduction and makes checking the chaincase chain tension much easier. Get a fuel caddy as well for those WOT powder days and a set of quick clickers and you are good to go! Enjoy!

why would you say simmons not on the xm?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A deep keel ski works better than the simmons.
Simmons are great for the trails, bit they almost float too much.
Try the stockers first. They are awesome.
The front screen kit is supposed to be the ticket, although it's pricy..You can make your own kit and save $$$

why would you say simmons not on the xm?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Simmons ski's for 10years and love em. I run DS2's now and they work better for the kind of riding I do. If u ride mostly Mountains just run the DS's,,, wicked ski IMO.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will want the vent kit for sure…or make your own.belt slips when the snow gets inside the hood.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
stock DS2 skis are awesome no need to waste money, I would get the screen kit from brp works like its suppose to and also add a good after market vent kit. also clutching, gearing, reeds full exhaust, can. and a must courage the sled will take you places and do things that will make you smile ear to ear!!

duggyb

Reaction score
I am surprised no one said grip n rip braces. They are an absolute necessity. Anyone I see riding a brand new sled without them makes me wonder....

JTaylor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the grip an rip braces locally in the Calgary area?

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First year on a real mountain sled for me, but all I'm doing is grip n rip braces and skid plate.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are the grip n rip braces that much in need? What is all entailed in the install?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are an absolute necessity at all. Peice of mind? Maybe? But our group has never had them and never an issue. Not saying its a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

I'm getting good at " s modules" but I get the brace cause I'd rather change a-arms.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went onto their facebook site, and got them to call me. Easy transaction, and they were at my door in no time. Their website ordering system didn't work for me, I would just get them to contact you to place the order.

The install is pretty easy, It helps with the Milwaukee right angle attachment and some Dewalt hex drive drill bits.

4WM63_AS01.JPG

Top Bottom