XM Mods

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is set up elevation , tested at elevation.

No removing nothing.

One thing al did for my rev was put a pipe piece inside my. Pipe to can outlet to restrict some for at elevation. Made a huge diff ( talking like 20 tho smaller outlet into can at joint )

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do shops take baffles out of mbrp cans to ride at elevation? Reputable shops in Edmonton do this. I would think it would have to be for a good reason. Maybe for the highest flow possible?

I never heard of this before!?!? I don't understand why someone would think that's a good idea.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never heard of this before!?!? I don't understand why someone would think that's a good idea.

I agree that is why I am trying to figure out why these shops are doing this. I would like to experiment with some type of valve at the end of my can that I can slowly open and close to add a little restriction at a time to see if it makes any difference.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is set up elevation , tested at elevation.

No removing nothing.

One thing al did for my rev was put a pipe piece inside my. Pipe to can outlet to restrict some for at elevation. Made a huge diff ( talking like 20 tho smaller outlet into can at joint )

Same as my tss can. They designed it to perform best at elevation.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that is why I am trying to figure out why these shops are doing this. I would like to experiment with some type of valve at the end of my can that I can slowly open and close to add a little restriction at a time to see if it makes any difference.

It will make difference all right? Lol You keep tightening up can and then it's all over.
( seized )
I little back pressure will help maintain hp at elevation but to much and not so good .
Scot at HPS tighten there can up to help elevation as well as I believe sled shed did when he copied the HPS years ago.
Cheers

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will make difference all right? Lol You keep tightening up can and then it's all over.
( seized )
I little back pressure will help maintain hp at elevation but to much and not so good .
Scot at HPS tighten there can up to help elevation as well as I believe sled shed did when he copied the HPS years ago.
Cheers

Perfect. Thank you. I would never close a pipe lol just wanted to throw a little restriction to see if it cleans the power band up at higher elevation. Thanks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as my tss can. They designed it to perform best at elevation.

Really? what do they do to it, to make it work better at 7000ft than a regular can? Cause my TSS can looks pretty simple to me...

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? what do they do to it, to make it work better at 7000ft than a regular can? Cause my TSS can looks pretty simple to me...

Of course it's simple. They just have the right amount of baffles and restriction to make the engine run it's best at mountain elevation.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Neighbour has an 2011 m8 and just put a D&D barker can on it and that can has a thing in the end that turns to adjust something. No sure if it's for notice or for back pressure.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour has an 2011 m8 and just put a D&D barker can on it and that can has a thing in the end that turns to adjust something. No sure if it's for notice or for back pressure.

Well that's interesting. A lot of people have never heard of this.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the first I ever heard of it to. I never got to see what it looks like though. And they only make cat stuff I think.

I am going to dig a little deeper so I can find a proper answer on how shops are setting up these cans for different levels of elevation.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get these? I've called the phone number that I Googled for Racers Edge, but no answer. Are they still in business?

Thanks!
Specialty Sled in Edmonton. If you come to Revy I'll sell you a set. I have some I don't need any more.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get these? I've called the phone number that I Googled for Racers Edge, but no answer. Are they still in business?

Thanks!

They are still in business but not very technologically advanced. You can call Daryl at 403-254-8686. They are located in Dewinton which, seeing as you're in Calgary, is better than a drive to Edmonton or Revy for a set.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Hydro

Reaction score
Specialty Sled in Edmonton. If you come to Revy I'll sell you a set. I have some I don't need any more.

Apologies for my ignorance, but for what reason do you no longer require them? (again I apologize if you posted somewhere else that your sled was destroyed, stolen, or for whatever tragic reason you may no longer have a sled or the ability to ride a sled).

Thanks.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apologies for my ignorance, but for what reason do you no longer require them? (again I apologize if you posted somewhere else that your sled was destroyed, stolen, or for whatever tragic reason you may no longer have a sled or the ability to ride a sled).

Thanks.
I bought them for a sled I don't have much interest in any more, Im not working and riding every day in Revy,, So Id rather have the 160$ I payed for them.
Great Product though.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to run pinch bolts in the stinger section of my 670 split second pipes so we could change the restriction from low elevation to high elevation. Not many people have even seen it before let alone tuned with it.It worked very well.

Deano

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Also bandit powder coat ( from 100 mile house ) makes and sell drop brackets. For xm and xp.

Top Bottom