XM Mods

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone doing to their XM's for the season? I have been stockpiling a few parts and now that the sled is home I have some work to do. First round of work I have ski scratchers, track scratchers, quick clickers, grip n rip braces, Baker tunnel braces and drop bracket reinforcements, Toms Emotion skid, 162X3 track and Avid 7 tooth drivers. Should keep me busy for a day or 2. I have a few more things to get at the sled show, shockwave helix, 10'' wheels and offset mount to eliminate the rail kick up. Then I'm going to hit the snow with it for the break in and it will be off to the Micku shop for a new hair dryer :). Lets hear what everyone else has on the go...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If my Freeride ever shows up; Can, Grip n rip braces, skid plate, Racer edge rear suspension bracket and maybe clutch&gearing,,, we shall see on that one. Pretty much stock. I Need it reliable this year. Planning on no work,, just riding 5 to 7days a week Jan&feb for sure, maybe march. Wanted to do the whole season but $$$

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Skid plate, TheThing, the infamous ferniesnow screen kit, a rack for the back for the shoes and chainsaw, a large Gerber saw/machette for the side on the odd chance that I may have to cut a tree or two, and a Canadian flag or two on the tunnel. Other than that, it will be stock.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grip n rip braces, HPS can, quick clickers. What's the story on the upgraded drop brackets?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grip n rip braces, HPS can, quick clickers. What's the story on the upgraded drop brackets?

Racers edge makes em. They are billet aluminum and mount over top of the stock bracket. The stock bracket breaks if you jump your sled. They look sharp too. I have a set I'll take a pic if I get a chance.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled the a-arms off, front springs, front and rear bumpers, chaincase cover, brake cover, riser, spindles and tunnel edges, and got them powdercoated.

one more night and she will be all together. It's looking pretty nice.

Other than that, Quick Clickers, a clutch kit, and I'm gonna ride it. Rip n grip bracing, grease zerks in the spindles,,, and that's about it.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers edge makes em. They are billet aluminum and mount over top of the stock bracket. The stock bracket breaks if you jump your sled. They look sharp too. I have a set I'll take a pic if I get a chance.
Can you post up a link??

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled the a-arms off, front springs, front and rear bumpers, chaincase cover, brake cover, riser, spindles and tunnel edges, and got them powdercoated.

Other than that, Quick Clickers, a clutch kit, and I'm gonna ride it. Rip n grip bracing, grease zerks in the spindles,,, and that's about it.
Pics!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Martins is doing the biggest mod to mine and thats the Raptor shocks. Other then that I got a GGB can and will be getting ice scratchers, vent kit, cut off the snow flap and cut the windsheild down and paint it black! :cool:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In terms of what I usually build year to year, this is about as close to stock as I think I've been in a long time. Machines seem to work too go to tinker too much. 154SP will get emtion rear, have a Skinz concept front end to try, HPS can, lightweight battery, grip and rip bracing, some clutch parts, few bags, MA Track Rack, some new bumpers, prefilter kit, have a small assortment of skis to try (Grippers, MODS, DS2's), scratchers. The truth is..the longer we go without snow...the longer my mod list will probably get

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep it simplish

snow screens
rb clutch kit
can
quick clickers
storage bag
gas caddy
skid plate
ice scratchers

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

post pics asap, i want to do this scheme so bad with a highly flourescent color.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what my last 2 sleds were done in, my old nytro was neon orange and the xm is neon yellow.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's the reason I dont post pics of them anymore actually, not a fan of taking the risk on color choices, or products etc, then someone else just goes and does all the same stuff because they know it looks good now. JMO

Last edited:

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the orange nytro though since I dont own it anymore lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380834766664.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380834766664.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:

duggyb

Reaction score
Haha that's the reason I dont post pics of them anymore actually, not a fan of taking the risk on color choices, or products etc, then someone else just goes and does all the same stuff because they know it looks good now.

what risk? like the your the first ****ing guy to put a neon color on a sled? hahahaha

Top Bottom