XM issues, dealer can't figure it out. help from the internet gurus ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you gone for a ride with fuel pressure gauge on it yet?mine did the same as your,but mine is SDI you video sounds just like mine was The pressure went from 50psi to 28psi

no .. I don't have a gauge that would fit the fuel line.. dealer says they checked it and it was fine .. (in the shop)

I'm getting a pair of new 2012 coils .. they seem to think that will fix the issue.. we'll see

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no .. I don't have a gauge that would fit the fuel line.. dealer says they checked it and it was fine .. (in the shop)

I'm getting a pair of new 2012 coils .. they seem to think that will fix the issue.. we'll see
like flyinw mentioned get them to swap u a new brain box just to try,,,they do go fakked sometimes

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have the # handy for BRP tech .. that VIP number they send to snowcheck customers? i lost that card they sent me ..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The consumer asistance reps just start a file then call your dealer to see what the issue is.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get a service rep on the line or just a customer problem rep?

I asked for a technician so I could share my videos with.. the customer service rep basically told me to go deal with my dealer

stopped by my dealer after that to see what was going on, saw my sled in the shop with a fuel pressure gauge on the stand .. apparently I'm getting a new fuel pump now

That actually made me feel better ...

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well .. new fuel pump seems to have done the trick! no more RPM fade, runs much stronger and snappier. I'm willing to bet my pump had been running low psi for some time making the sled run lean.

also another shout out to roosterbuilt's clutching . I did some super steep climbs today and saw 90km/hr track speeds which is amazing.. I think the best I had before was 77km when it was new.

rpms stay rock solid at 7900 and pulls HARD !

I'm definitely a happy customer and recommend it to anyone who's looking to improve the XM for very little amount of money!

cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well .. new fuel pump seems to have done the trick! no more RPM fade, runs much stronger and snappier. I'm willing to bet my pump had been running low psi for some time making the sled run lean.

also another shout out to roosterbuilt's clutching . I did some super steep climbs today and saw 90km/hr track speeds which is amazing.. I think the best I had before was 77km when it was new.

rpms stay rock solid at 7900 and pulls HARD !

I'm definitely a happy customer and recommend it to anyone who's looking to improve the XM for very little amount of money!

cheers

I'm happy for you dude! Now put TheThing back on and see what happens. I also want to see the grim from lemon garlic shrimp hot out of the muffpot!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol wow! Never fails!

Wtf? I'm sorry no clutch kit is going to give you 13 km/h track speed increase. 1-3km at best. People put on big dollar turbos to see those kind of track speeds. But when the snow is spring like conditions and you can fly up any hill your going to see higher numbers than you would in the deep steep mid winter snow when your sled is chugging along.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf? I'm sorry no clutch kit is going to give you 13 km/h track speed increase. 1-3km at best. People put on big dollar turbos to see those kind of track speeds. But when the snow is spring like conditions and you can fly up any hill your going to see higher numbers than you would in the deep steep mid winter snow when your sled is chugging along.

Maxwell is correct!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Hey was it just the pump because you had mentioned a set of coils were going on as well????

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough on snow conditions .. but that's not to discount RB's clutching ..

the kit does come with a 21t top gear, which would lead to a 10% increase in track speed.

I'll try to do side by side comparison with a stocker next time we go up. maybe i'll even make a video!

The coils were never the issue on my sled I don't think .. it was just the first thing they decided to change.

Top Bottom