XM issues, dealer can't figure it out. help from the internet gurus ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ..
drained the gas, refilled with fresh gas and took her for a solo mission test ride today, and all seemed to be good. Even took the skis in case I needed to get out on foot ;)
Then ran into a friend, and a blue bird in the sky and we burned a full tank of gas in 1.5 feet of fresh April pow pow and not a hiccup
Was it a bag ignition coil ? was it bad gas ?
we'll never find out!
happy brapping 544772_10151426533763591_361638391_n.jpg

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well ..
drained the gas, refilled with fresh gas and took her for a solo mission test ride today, and all seemed to be good. Even took the skis in case I needed to get out on foot ;)
Then ran into a friend, and a blue bird in the sky and we burned a full tank of gas in 1.5 feet of fresh April pow pow and not a hiccup
we'll never find out!
happy brappingView attachment 153607

I suppose you will find out when another coil goes bad.....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bad coil on my xm and changed it, now all good............

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well ..
we'll never find out!
happy brapping

Welcome back. Spring riding is great. Now you too can enjoy.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the saga continues !!!

Took her out for a little test ride after installing my Rooster Built clutching.. rode fine till I was heading back to the truck and the fart fart poop... back to the freaking shop

This time they say that there was a bad batch of ignition coils for '13 sleds so they are going to track down 2012 coils, if that did not fix the problem visually inspect the stator and then try a new ECU

it's not like it's freaking dumping out here and I really wanted to go ride my new clutch setup all day tomorrow .. TABARNAK BRP!!!!! :mad:

Here's my buddy trying out my sled today, it definitely didn't do that before the clutch kit!! Thanks Winter Brew

Summit xm rooster built clutching - YouTube

Last edited:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well the saga continues !!!

Took her out for a little test ride after installing my Rooster Built clutching.. rode fine till I was heading back to the truck and the fart fart poop... back to the freaking shop

This time they say that there was a bad batch of ignition coils for '13 sleds so they are going to track down 2012 coils, if that did not fix the problem visually inspect the stator and then try a new ECU

it's not like it's freaking dumping out here and I really wanted to go ride my new clutch setup all day tomorrow .. TABARNAK BRP!!!!! :mad:

Here's my buddy trying out my sled today, it definitely didn't do that before the clutch kit!! Thanks Winter Brew

Summit xm rooster built clutching - YouTube
Really? My buddies stock 154 will doo that all day and I love riding it, it will stand up on the rear bumper as long as you want. A lot of fun!!!!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? My buddies stock 154 will doo that all day and I love riding it, it will stand up on the rear bumper as long as you want. A lot of fun!!!!

I'd like to see a stock 154 xm stand up on it's bumper on flat ground! maybe if you undo the limiter straps .. none of the XMs i've seen or any stock sled does a stand unless you are going over a hill or tweak the suspension

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'd like to see a stock 154 xm stand up on it's bumper on flat ground! maybe if you undo the limiter straps .. none of the XMs i've seen or any stock sled does a stand unless you are going over a hill or tweak the suspension

Its all stock and it does it in deep snow. Why would I lie? Its not mine, its just a fact.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 146 XM stands up awesome in firm crusty snow like right now is Saskatchewan. Better hook up. DJ clutch kit.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope

sled's been in the shop for over a week (close to 3 weeks total time over this issue) and still no fix.

I'm calling them tomorrow and if they haven't figured it out by now i'll pick it up and take it to another dealer. I'd hate to have to do this since these guys are 10 min away from my house and I bought my sled there.. but I'm getting a little fed up.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
v10 havin the same issue as u??

his symptoms are different .. his sled actually throws a code and goes into limp mode . it did that a few times, the dealer "fixed it".. he got 9 km then it completely died. I towed him back that day.

mine never threw a code or go into limp mode, it would sputter and die then run again for a little bit, then sputter and die etc till it made it back to the truck.

both of us are pretty close to taking our sleds elsewhere !

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
his symptoms are different .. his sled actually throws a code and goes into limp mode . it did that a few times, the dealer "fixed it".. he got 9 km then it completely died. I towed him back that day.

mine never threw a code or go into limp mode, it would sputter and die then run again for a little bit, then sputter and die etc till it made it back to the truck.

both of us are pretty close to taking our sleds elsewhere !
Have you gone for a ride with fuel pressure gauge on it yet?mine did the same as your,but mine is SDI you video sounds just like mine was The pressure went from 50psi to 28psi

Top Bottom