Xm headlight delete question

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried searching but can't find much info, I installed the skinz headlight delete on my 14xm just wondering if I need to run a resistor of some kind ?

MTN Tamer

Reaction score
No need to run a resistor. I read a bunch of guys on snowest saying that the xm is alright without. I'm running my 15 with a mountain fit hood and no headlight and it seems to work just fine.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to run a resistor. I read a bunch of guys on snowest saying that the xm is alright without. I'm running my 15 with a mountain fit hood and no headlight and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checking in on how things are on the delete and LEDs.

SO I've done the delete and run two sets of led lights- one on high beam, the other on low. And now I'm on my third gauge cluster. I get about 2000km and it lights up like a xmas tree. High beams activate the altimeter function, low beam gets the RPM blinking. Also with the high beam on, the low beam light goes on half ass. Thumb, grip, heat and fuel side bars don't work- but the features all work. Install an old gauge (partially crushed LCD) and everything's fine.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checking in on how things are on the delete and LEDs.

SO I've done the delete and run two sets of led lights- one on high beam, the other on low. And now I'm on my third gauge cluster. I get about 2000km and it lights up like a xmas tree. High beams activate the altimeter function, low beam gets the RPM blinking. Also with the high beam on, the low beam light goes on half ass. Thumb, grip, heat and fuel side bars don't work- but the features all work. Install an old gauge (partially crushed LCD) and everything's fine.

Is your xm a 14 by any chance? They were famous for stators going and cooking clusters

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. It's a 14. They just replace the clusters and I'm good for about 2000km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom