Xm fuel leak

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was installing some scratchers and skid plate on my dads xm today and we lifted up the front with a crane and installed skid plate maybe on 45 degree angle and then lifted up the rear to about 45 degrees and when we set it down it leaked fuel for while prob 3-4 liters then when it was flat on ground it runs fine and dosent leak and tank is about 3/4 full and is still first tank of fuel, is this normal to leak fuel like that?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was installing some scratchers and skid plate on my dads xm today and we lifted up the front with a crane and installed skid plate maybe on 45 degree angle and then lifted up the rear to about 45 degrees and when we set it down it leaked fuel for while prob 3-4 liters then when it was flat on ground it runs fine and dosent leak and tank is about 3/4 full and is still first tank of fuel, is this normal to leak fuel like that?

There is a fuel vent/ overflow above the shock tower. Lifting the back up with a full tank could result in that leaking however if the tank lid is on it should create a vacuum and not leak one would think.....

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya when I removed the tank lid after it diffidently had a vaccum in there, that's kind of stupid what if u park on a hill or something with a full tank of fuel? Is there a fix for this or do I just let it leak?

Top Bottom