xm codes

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had check engine light come on couple times last weekend so I had the codes checked today. It actually shutdown couple times and was bogging at times. Anyone know how the hours work in the list. Is the highest hour number the last alarm? To put it another way the number of hours on machine when the alarm came on? I was kinda hoping they would be time and date stamped because I know what time I had the issues. See attached pic of alarms.

Attachments

• IMG_20150327_102901.jpg
    IMG_20150327_102901.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 223

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Yup... Why would you be concerned about the date stamp??? Looks like you need 2 Ignition Coils... One for the PTO side and one for the Mag side... You had 3 failures on the Mag side and 1 failure on the PTO side... I had the same issue all covered under warranty...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if The code at the top of the list may be affecting the coils as well??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I was thinking coils as well look for other potential shorts. If I knew the date codes I know what time and date the sled was really acting up and at times shutting down. I also had a low end bog sometimes when punched it from a stop. It would clear through it and rip up the rest of the hill. It shut down a couple times when just putting around. I really want to nail this problem now because I don't want to start the new season with sled problems.
I am going to check raves as well. Thanks folks.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if The code at the top of the list may be affecting the coils as well??

Codes 1 and 4 can certainly be related as they are both 12 volt circuit related. From what I have read the coils need 60 volts. So I could have two separate issues. I'll start with replacing both coils and looking for shorts in braking system.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 xm that they replaced both coils and stator with up dated parts under warranty and it fixed all the problems i was having. Make sure you are getting the up dated coils as I was told they are way better.

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Definitely not a Voltage Regulator... And I don't think it has anything to doo with your RAVES!!! Replacing the Ignition Coils will solve the issue... Although the Stator could be another issue???

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just had this very same problem on his 2013 Summit X last weekend, he dropped it off last Monday to have the dealer look at it and they found the stator was shot. It's being replaced under warranty and he picks it up today. Sounds like this is an issue that Ski Doo should be addressing no?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just had this very same problem on his 2013 Summit X last weekend, he dropped it off last Monday to have the dealer look at it and they found the stator was shot. It's being replaced under warranty and he picks it up today. Sounds like this is an issue that Ski Doo should be addressing no?

Thought this was only on the '13, and fixed in '14,.. no?

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank for replies. Mine is a 2013 non snow check with 6000 km.... so no warranty at this point. I was thinking raves because of the way it was acting with the bog as RPMs increased from a stop but then cleared up, not because of the codes and shutting down issue. I could make the bog happen at will....so way more than 3 or 4 times as indicated by codes. More like 50 times that day. As I said, I am not ruling out multiple issues. This is where the time stamp would be handy. If the code was triggered 3 years ago. For example, if I have been running over 180 hrs with this code, I could really care less about this alarm at this point, because obviously it's not that big of a concern because I have never had a problem with the sled running before. I would like to know what was shutting me down last week, hence my request ... Back to my original question, does anyone know what the alarm value of "total hours" mean and actually indicates?

Am also thinking potentially stator as well because the problem was worse at low rpm and I am thinking this would be consistent with a stator going south and not producing enough jam. However, they are pricey and figured will try coils first and if testing coils is anything like electric motors, an ohms check does not ensure a good stator vs not when in service. I should probably just pull things apart and take a look. It the insulation looks burnt, change it out.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 xm that they replaced both coils and stator with up dated parts under warranty and it fixed all the problems i was having. Make sure you are getting the up dated coils as I was told they are way better.

Did you happen to see the stator removed. Was the insulation burnt?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SORRY NO I DID NOT SEE THE STATOR . How ever they did tell me that the up dated stators are machine pressed for a better build to keep them from burning.My sled would act up intermitantly just off idle and the light would come on and go into a missfire limp mode. I could make this happen if i was riding normal if I road it like I stole it it would never happen.They said that it was possable that the stator problem took out the coils.hope this helps as I was very frustrated it took 4 times to the dealer before they figured it out.

Top Bottom