Xm 1000????

sledhead80

Reaction score
I have the day off work because of cold weather and was reading sledrumors and they predict a XM 1000 that comes in at 190 hp and weighs 10lbs more than the 800. I find this pretty unlikely but man if that was the case would skidoo ever take the mountain scene like they did with the rev and xp. All I can hope for is that this is true!!! What are your guys thoughts??

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the day off work because of cold weather and was reading sledrumors and they predict a XM 1000 that comes in at 190 hp and weighs 10lbs more than the 800. I find this pretty unlikely but man if that was the case would skidoo ever take the mountain scene like they did with the rev and xp. All I can hope for is that this is true!!! What are your guys thoughts??
It would be sweet ,but I dunno>

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno, with all the horror stories i've heard about 1000s I'd be hesitant. 1000 etec though would be a monster. Just turbo an 800, its been working great for me :D

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see it being a fail and hard on fuel. Just like the last 1000 they made.
Better off just opening up the 800 to an 860/880 or doing a stock turbo would be a better move for Doo IMO. Leave the big bore wars to the fourstroke division of Can-Am!

sledhead80

Reaction score
On sledrumors they said it would be and etec. So I'd think it would be a whole new motor!!! Fuel injected and all guess we will all have to wait and see on Feb 24. Ill keep my hopes up for now but not to much.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not buy a first year 1000. If the rumors are true I may hold out on buying a new 800xm for another year. That's gonna be tough to do, I really like that xm.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a factory big bore from doo or even a factory low boost pump gas turbo. These new xm's are sweet and have great power but a little extra and a little extra FACTORY HP is always nice! even a set of Ported heads would be a nice addition.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should take the time to dig up these threads from all of the last 5 years.

Here is what you would find.

I bet/wish/hope/heard that doo is/should be comming out with....
1000 motor that weights almost the same as an 800
4 Stroke Summit
4 Stroke Summit Turbo
Factory 2 stroke turbo
Anything that makes 190hp

All the same things every year.
None of it will ever happen.

The E-tec has between 2 and 5 years left in it before it will need to be changed dramatically.
A Big bore without warranty that costs $17500 won't happen and if it did few would buy even though you all seem to have super deep pockets when it comes to committing to buying stuff that isn't available. (im generalizing, I realize everyone isn't like this but i'm super tough behind this keyboard and I listen to really hard core music in my truck so... yeah, I wouldn't mess with me if I were you)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't see a new motor in the XM. not for a couple of years.

They probably have something on the shelf though that is surely to impress.

They will not introduce a new mill until it is totally necessary (competition has to be on par with their motors, reliability and chassis)

Reactions: LBZ

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The doo etec 800 is already at the limits of horsepower per CC and size of case and bottom end. Look for it to be around a few years in its present form. What will happen is a new engine based on a current design in a different configuration that will produce its power more consistant......:cool:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo will stay status quo as long as Poo and Cat stay where they are at. Expect them to continue refining there chassis even more.

Top Bottom