Wta

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTA will improve any turbo set-up, less chance of detonation, and make more horsepower per psi of boost

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Wonder though does it add lag time? The intercooler itself would have more restriction then just an open charge tube. But I also know, do a few hard back to back pulls with no intercooler and I can feel the difference in power. Id really like to keep the fast response too. I want it all! Lol Us sledders are a greedy bunch. Never noticed having to mess with tuning with the Boost-It box. Once I had it dialed in it seemed very consistent. Just wouldn't pull as hard once the turbo system was hot after a few pulls.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's kind of what I meant about consistent the charge temp remains the same or close to the same after multiple pulls or unlike the variation in ambient air temp with an air-air cooler is dependent on.The water-air should be cooling the air at a consistent temp, because its regulated by the vehicles cooling system.

Last edited:

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for lag time I don't know? I would think either cooler wouldn't add that much restriction to be factor as long as everything is speced correctly

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1100 already has air to air so don't think there'll be any noticeable difference in lag time. Was looking for some one who has done the swap, and if they noticed any improvement. Sorry don't need explanation on how it works, way past that part of the learning curve on turbos. Any first hand comment on any experience with one would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was night and day difference on my M8. if done properly with the correct size heat exchainer and a closed loop independent system they really do work. Brad Story was doing this in 2009, it just took the rest of the turbo builders a while to catch on. but I think almost everyone is building one now.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a M8 WTA from TSS? Is it for the old kit or the new instaboost kit? Mines the old style. I talked to Brandon at the beginning of summer and they didn't have one they wanted to release yet.
No, an EVO one for my 4S.

Top Bottom