Wrap or polish?

bell32

Reaction score
Thinking about either polishing or wrapping my tunnel on my new pro. Thoughts?
also for those who have wrapped there before how does it hold up?

thanks

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POLISH!!!
I did both my sleds this summer. I absolutely LOVE polished Alum. I'd take it over chrome..... and a wrap any day.

6b8d77f0.jpg

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha. I said
I absolutely love polished Alum....
Not
I absolutly love polishing Alum. :)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having said that.... bring it over with some beer and lets tackle it together. Get it done twice as fast !!!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well back to the original post. I spent hours on my old Mountain Cat to polish the tunnel, and even more hours to polish the sled deck.

I now have nothing polished as it was time consuming, and I prefer to spend my time doing other things. Its a dirty mess polishing aluminum.

Highfly: just to clarify, what time should I drop it off?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teamgreen: Just making sure you read it right.... "bring it over with some beer and lets tackle it together" :cool:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teamgreen: Just making sure you read it right.... "bring it over with some beer and lets tackle it together" :cool:

Ya, we posted at the same time. I have to figure out exhaust before I polish, priorities. Hopefully I will figure it out on the interweb tonight.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wraping your tunnel will work, but you must use a high grade vynal. or it will rub off in no time. i acctually polished my tunnel and then used a clear sheild to wrap it. it worked okay. but the sheild dose not stay perfect so it turns dull from your boots, jerry can ect. but it did help the snow from sticking to the tunnel which was good.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If polishing is for fools, then LHF must have spent more hours polishing than everyone on this site combined!

Cant remember for sure, i would have to double check a picture, but i am pretty sure his wedge had a polished tunnel.

Sent while not working too hard

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If polishing is for fools, then LHF must have spent more hours polishing than everyone on this site combined!

Really? I can do my whole sled in the same time as it would take you to polish an aluminum tunnel extension if you can afford one.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to polish mine. Looks awesome, but you have to keep it up. The wrap looks great all the time and sheds snow too. We use a two-layer 3M Convex product at HTR, it's a bit tougher to install than our hood wrap material, but it's worth it for the durability. I have a full season on mine, and it looks like new.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polish mine every year by hand with the dry clean polish they sell at the sled show, takes 30min and it looks like new, I started this when I bought the machine and it may not be a power polished mirror but it's pretty decent, wraps look great but I was concerned with durability, my 07 has the bedliner treatment ;)

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polishing looks great for a little bit, but if I had to choose Id go with a wrap. Also I dont have a garage so the polishing thing is a lil cold out in the yard. My sled had a polished tunnell when I first got it new but after one 4 day trip to valemount it looked all scuffed up and dull so I gave up on it

Top Bottom