WOW, I'm impressed !!

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bought a pair of Smith I/OS turbo fan goggles,From a local dealer few weeks ago, the fan was cutting out almost like a short at the connection.Dropped them off at the dealer yesterday at noon, said they will call smith to solve this issue. Get a call this morning for the dealer tells me there's a new pair of goggles waiting for you at the store. Big thanx to Revolution Honda and Smith Optics for an awesome service!!!

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been watching these goggles all season. I have 5 friends who have jumped on the band wagon for the new fan goggle. I have to say, they better have a good warranty, cause 5 out of 5 users have had zero luck with those goggles actually working. All have been glitchy, shorting out, and having issues with the batteries falling out. I think I will stick to my slim radius goggles. Ya they might fog a little when I'm sweating and its cold out. But from what I've seen, I will save myself some grief by not owning a pair.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the smith with fan first and shorted out. Tried the 509 last year and they didn't work either. All gimmicks. Needless to say both pairs don't leave my gear bag.

bclinehand

Reaction score
A buddy and I both bought skidoo's heated goggles last year........I would not give them up for double the price ( Ok thats a lie.......I'd buy two pairs then)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I have the fan not the smith one and it's just a gimmick! But I do like the smith goggles they seem to work the best and are priced good!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using the habervision fan in my Scott goggles for three seasons now. I can definitely notice a difference running the fan. I can usually just leave my goggles on when I'm digging out a stuck sled with minimal fogging.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the 509 fan & never had an issue with them. Other than left it in the truck overnight in auto mod & killed the battery.

motomike450r

Reaction score
I always laugh when opinions are expressed on these threads. It almost always ends up 50/50 on products. So many variables; humidity, heat (sweat) of rider, rider knowledge of product and rider being an idiot or not....
I am however glad that the shop and smith took care of you. I worked in a warranty department of a sporting goods store and I only wear smith glasses and goggles. Just sayin :cool:

Powderdream

Reaction score
Use the 509 fan and I find it works great for me. Little on the chubby side so tend to sweat quite a bit when riding and still find they dont fog up. Works good even in the cold sasky winter days as well. Just my luck I guess but I would suggest getting one if looking into something.

Top Bottom