would you

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are that these would be some of the most bagged out sleds you could buy. I wouldn't but that's just me. Like buying a rental car..

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont see what someone could do to it as a demo that would hurt it..... other than yanking the cord and running WOT with out warming it up.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont see what someone could do to it as a demo that would hurt it..... other than yanking the cord and running WOT with out warming it up.

Running low grade gas in it, not warming it up before WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you buy a store demo sled????

how many km's?

If its under 1000km and looks in tact should be fine,,

Just ask the dealer if its ever been piled up and or repaired at all.

Otherwise should be fine,, now dont buy a 4 year old demo or rental sled because thats a hard life lol....

just like a rental car under 20000kms its all good if its in good shape etc... but dont buy a rental with 60000kms again its a hard life and needs tires and brakes by now......ohhh and FYI not everyone bags a rental some people still have respect in this world.... the most bagged rentals are the entry level cars as those people renting them usualy own chit boxes and insurance is paying so they act like 16 year old kids and bag their rental

good luck

I am sure it will come with full warranty as well corect?

BShap

Reaction score
these are some of the things i was thinking. asking 10500 with 500ish km on it. hoping not to pay that much, but i dont know if the risk is worth it?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 pro rmk 800 155

for $10500? and ya get 1 year on engine warranty?

sounds solid to me... no steal but fair,, private they are 10k to 11500$ with more miles

tell them tax in and take it.... if a sled cant handle 500kms at WOT there is another problem so you are fine

p.s. everyone talks about bagging but reality 75% of riders cant even handle the sled at full throttle 90% of the time so dont even worry.....

bigger concern is bends cracks and tweaks to chassis IMO

BShap

Reaction score
im scared of engine break in. don;t want to throw 10g on a pos. spend a little extra for peace of mind?

BShap

Reaction score
also come with 1 year bumper to bumper plus additional 1 year powertrain

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would be the problem with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think anything, my point was who cares where it came from. Mint is Mint, Rode hard is rode hard, dont take anybody's word for it. Ask the right questions make up your mind whether its for you or not. A demo sled from a dealer willing to back it up is better than one from sledder Joe 200 kms away.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Generally the first people that ride the sled are people that work for the dealer so I would hope that they would do most of the first initial break in to make sure nothing goes wrong for the customer and so they get a strong review of the sled. So when a customer demos it the machine can handle full throttle. I wouldnt be to worried about it if the machine was going to pile up it would have done it in the first few hundred miles. And with another year of warranty on it you cant really go wrong. and if your really worried I would think the machine would be able to have the extended warranty on it because nobody has owned it.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An engine could be over heated easily enough in the spring by someone not aware of hard pack and not running scratchers down. I wouldn't trust my XP to a noob...it will overheat very quick if scratchers aren't down in hardpack. If the sled is from the coast/Vancouver area...spring hard pack is very common. Eventually the motor probably goes into limp mode. Wonder if they can print you anything off the computer showing the history of codes etc. I thought some of the computers stored all that info. A company i worked for bought a boat with yamaha outboards and when we had it looked at they plugged it and gave us all kinds of info on it. Likely though still gonna be a good buy at 500km especially if you get 2yrs warranty on the engine

BShap

Reaction score
i hoping they broke it in properly also. thats one of my big concerns, i dont trust many people, until they prove otherwise. ill see what they say when i give them a shout. 4 hour drive away, so ill have to take their word over the phone rather in person.. initially

BShap

Reaction score
who else would or wouldnt? any more reasons? I really dig this sled

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sleds are hi performance machines, they are meant to be run at WOT, jumped and pound the whoops etc(within reason). i would check for any physical damage(hitting trees,rocks, tree huggers,felchers and whatnot) as that would be my indication of bagging. Buying a demo or a used sled is pretty much the same thing.
Most importantly watch out for the felchers, they will get you every time. lol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a demo quad. Had 700km on it, the way I look at it is I'm probably going to drive it just as hard as anybody did before, and if it was abused I'm pretty sure it's going to show up on warranty period.

Top Bottom