Would you Turbo a brand new sled?

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

So would you? or would you wait till warrenty is up? 1 year only.

7lbs, pump gas, areocharger on next years XM. Planning ahead for the spring check.

Cheers

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the money for a sled like that what's warranty? Warranty is 3 years now so you will be waiting a while. If you put 2500 km on in a season then throw a turbo on the next it's not going to last very long boosted. Better to do it from new then you get a good season on the pistons.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup and i am, No pump gas though, until boondocker has their timing system ready to go i think running pump gas in an etec turbo is suicide

oh and I'm going TSS, i hear good things about them, going to avoid aerocharger, heard too many horror stories so far

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i could afford to have (sorry .. if wifey would allow me to) two sleds, then hell ya!
sure wouldnt be a doo tho

Id have a doo for a pull and go reliable, ride every day sled
and then a boosted Nytro w some lightweight goodies

best of both worlds IMO

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the low boost kit Neil is testing for whatever new sled I buy in the spring.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

So would you? or would you wait till warrenty is up? 1 year only.

7lbs, pump gas, areocharger on next years XM. Planning ahead for the spring check.

Cheers

I picked up 2 XMs with the intention of slapping a turbo on one. But I am going to ride them stock for a year first. I have a couple things to sort out:

Last sled was a Cat. Do I like the XM chassis enough to sink more $$$$ into a good turbo kit?

I have never ridden a turbo sled. I am not a chute slayer, more of a tree rider. Will I like how it handles that?

And I would like to put some kms on and make sure I don't have a lemon before I void the warranty.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
We have put turbo kits on 16 brand new pro's so far. Still booking in to late Jan for more.
People installing turbo kits know they don't have warranty and that is part of the deal.
In my opinion, a motor in a properly set up turbo sled running good fuel will out live a stock motor.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If budget provides, turbo it while its not greasy and enjoy

If i had to ride one stock i would like to borrow a kit and turbo mine for a weekend just to break it in, then remove and watch it perform. But thats just my theory and experience of full throttle on full throttle off break in performance history.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, kinda what i thought, there is no great answer. I guess if you have the coin and a cool wife, let er buck. That said i only get about 1200km a year and for that reason reliability is key. I dont want to waste 1 or 2 of maybe 4 trips wrenching and pissed off im not riding. On the other note, from all i hear about turbos and the fact alot of my riding buddies are going that direction, i belive it will not be long before im there myself.

Im sure for the first season i would keep it at 5.5 to 6lbs and shrug off the taunts to up it for as long as i could.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have put turbo kits on 16 brand new pro's so far. Still booking in to late Jan for more.
People installing turbo kits know they don't have warranty and that is part of the deal.
In my opinion, a motor in a properly set up turbo sled running good fuel will out live a stock motor.
I Agree, In a way it acually balances a motor.If that makes sense

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better to turbo a new sled than a used one IMO

Top Bottom