would you bother floating your QRS on the XM ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a bunch of research on this and seemed like most people who recommended floating the QRS were on the 08/09 XPs with alignment issues

I'm coming off a rev with a floated secondary that never blew a belt ..Considering XM belts are almost $200 after tax, is it worth my dime to spend the $500 ish on a doo doctor kit on the XM? or have they sorted that issue out by now !?

thanks

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't bother. 1400ish km on my 2012 on one belt, I'm pretty sure they have it figured out. I won't do it on my xm either.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I did a bunch of research on this and seemed like most people who recommended floating the QRS were on the 08/09 XPs with alignment issues

I'm coming off a rev with a floated secondary that never blew a belt ..Considering XM belts are almost $200 after tax, is it worth my dime to spend the $500 ish on a doo doctor kit on the XM? or have they sorted that issue out by now !?

thanks

If you have $500 burning a hole in your pocket, then go ahead. it will help to cut down on belt dust for sure but the new belts are pretty good. Its just one of those things you can doo as a neat accessory but I don't think its totally necessary unless you get a rare belt eater.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it won't help with belt dust. Thats why i bought it. I have one for sale 250$ if you want it. Was defd not worth the money on the 2012. Never blew a belt until I installed that thing

pigfarmer

Reaction score
Do you have the Doo Dr. Kit or was that the Floating QRS Short shaft kit from BRP? Surprised that a floating Secondary blew belts for you.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No it won't help with belt dust. Thats why i bought it. I have one for sale 250$ if you want it. Was defd not worth the money on the 2012. Never blew a belt until I installed that thing

Thats odd, I ran the team secondary and team jackshaft on my 08 and other than the team didn't work as good as the QRS, dust was reduced and I liked the ability to remove it.
What comes with your Doo doc setup?, I'm interested anyway.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is an old thread, sort of, and Payam has now had lots of time on his new beast. Probably more that anyone!

I think No Limits are pretty reliable in the PDI process and you should have no problem with belts young fellow. JMHO from the other side of the left coast….:D

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats odd, I ran the team secondary and team jackshaft on my 08 and other than the team didn't work as good as the QRS, dust was reduced and I liked the ability to remove it.

yep loved the ability to remove it. Belt dust was not reduced not sure why. But now with brand new sleds with no plans of modifications I have no foreseeable reason to remove the secondary

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I found the same results using the team. less belt dust and heat, and never blew a belt running a 3".
As far as floating on my 2011 after I was done checking the alignment the clutch needed to float about .070". the new jackshaft is 3MM longer on the 2012. Im not sure what jack shaft is being used on the doo doc kit.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread, sort of, and Payam has now had lots of time on his new beast. Probably more that anyone!

I think No Limits are pretty reliable in the PDI process and you should have no problem with belts young fellow. JMHO from the other side of the left coast….:D

No problems are being had ;)

I just took mine in for the "10 hr" service at 14 hours .. buddy has 20 hours on his .. just been pulling rope and pulling throttle !

Only thing I had to do was tighten my track a bit .. apparently they stretch ..

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No problems are being had ;)

I just took mine in for the "10 hr" service at 14 hours .. buddy has 20 hours on his .. just been pulling rope and pulling throttle !

Only thing I had to do was tighten my track a bit .. apparently they stretch ..

You bet they stretch....with that kinda power.....oh yeah!!!

Say, what track speeds are ya seeing on a typical, make your own mark,kinda climb?

Top Bottom