Would you approach some one?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was re adjusting my ramps and straps in the bed of my truck after a quick stop to pick up my glasses down town Saskatoon.

If you seen that would you go to that person and ask them some basic questions like "hows it going?" "many miles this year?" or something like that to see if something is up.

Then maybe check to see if that is their snowmobile and truck?????

I was taking stuff off and moving stuff around and no one said anything that walked by.

I could have stole my ramps or my empty fuel cans out of the back of my truck easily...... but then again i wasn't moving stuff one truck to another.

I think if i seen some one doing ch!t like that i would be like hey one sledder to another, just checking if that's your sled and truck?

I'm sure the owner would be happy to know some people are on the look out.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are upset that no one gave you ch!t for adjusting the tie down straps on your own sled? Can't win these days...lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was re adjusting my ramps and straps in the bed of my truck after a quick stop to pick up my glasses down town Saskatoon.

If you seen that would you go to that person and ask them some basic questions like "hows it going?" "many miles this year?" or something like that to see if something is up.

Then maybe check to see if that is their snowmobile and truck?????

I was taking stuff off and moving stuff around and no one said anything that walked by.

I could have stole my ramps or my empty fuel cans out of the back of my truck easily...... but then again i wasn't moving stuff one truck to another.

I think if i seen some one doing ch!t like that i would be like hey one sledder to another, just checking if that's your sled and truck?

I'm sure the owner would be happy to know some people are on the look out.

You can tell a lot by a persons body language. You probably looked relaxed and not in a rush, in the middle of the day. Most people looking would be able to figure it out that its your stuff. Hanging out in the back of your truck is not something a thief does if they are stealing your stuff, they grab and go. They won't sift through your wallet right in the cab where they could be busted, they smash and grab, then go around the corner and sort through it. Someone in a dark alley with a hoody on, glancing over their shoulder and hiding whatever they are doing would raise some suspicion and would probably get a question from me.

By approaching someone and questioning them, you sort of insinuate that they maybe don't look like they could afford that sled or truck or maybe they look like a shady person. it could be misconstrued as a bit of an insult so you gotta be careful about when and where you approach people, and how you do it.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. If someone is dumb enough to leave valuables sitting out in plain sight to steal, that's their problem. If I caught someone stealing, I would definitely interfere. But I'm not going to go around "investigating" innocent civilians.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the criminal element has driven us to this skeptical approach. I think the problem would be - how do you confirm that the sled and truck are actually theirs even if they say it is? Criminals may seem lazy and avoid work but they put a lot of effort into not paying for their own crap.
I'm not a cop and if someone asked me to prove my ownership, I'd be defensive and question their motives unless they were a cop.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you are upset that no one gave you ch!t for adjusting the tie down straps on your own sled? Can't win these days...lol

No not upset just wondering, but am Upset how dumb you are.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can tell a lot by a persons body language. You probably looked relaxed and not in a rush, in the middle of the day. Most people looking would be able to figure it out that its your stuff. Hanging out in the back of your truck is not something a thief does if they are stealing your stuff, they grab and go. They won't sift through your wallet right in the cab where they could be busted, they smash and grab, then go around the corner and sort through it. Someone in a dark alley with a hoody on, glancing over their shoulder and hiding whatever they are doing would raise some suspicion and would probably get a question from me.

By approaching someone and questioning them, you sort of insinuate that they maybe don't look like they could afford that sled or truck or maybe they look like a shady person. it could be misconstrued as a bit of an insult so you gotta be careful about when and where you approach people, and how you do it.

Yah that why I thought maybe start some small talk if something seems weird in passing see how skiddish they are.

A guy I heard noticed some guys loading a sled in a parking lot out of town. Stopped and asked if he could help and helped these guys load the sled and left.

found out later it was stolen.

One guy stole the sled and road it to the parking lot from martensville the Other guy drove the truck for pick up.

Guess if everything looks in order it may not always be.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the criminal element has driven us to this skeptical approach. I think the problem would be - how do you confirm that the sled and truck are actually theirs even if they say it is? Criminals may seem lazy and avoid work but they put a lot of effort into not paying for their own crap.
I'm not a cop and if someone asked me to prove my ownership, I'd be defensive and question their motives unless they were a cop.

If someone questioned me I would just hit my key fob and say thanks for the look out. Not that big of deal.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No not upset just wondering, but am Upset how dumb you are.

Now you are upset about someone one on the internet's lack of intelligence? geez buddy you should try Midol.

Last edited:

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a strange truck was loading up sleds or quads in my back yard, my neighbors would question it as I would too if I saw someone doing it to them. But just on the street, no. Someone came up to me when I sold my quad and asked some questions when we loaded it from one truck to the other in a parking lot. It was more annoying the way they went about it, cause I dont have to prove anything to them, but if they catch one person then maybe its worth being annoyed.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone questioned me I would just hit my key fob and say thanks for the look out. Not that big of deal.

Shows you own the truck but most thefts are trailer and/or sleds.
Could see how they react when you ask to take a picture of their sleds or setup to show friends.

Top Bottom