would ya?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you where out camping for 7 to 10 days and your blackwater tank was full, no one was around, would ya? like dig a shallow hole and dump it. would ya. or would ya dunp it and move, or just keep campin and enjoy the smells. what do ya think the next camper will enjoy the site as much as you did. could ya sleep at night or would ya go back to the same place next month

Friggin a holes. :confused:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
if you where out camping for 7 to 10 days and your blackwater tank was full, no one was around, would ya? like dig a shallow hole and dump it. would ya. or would ya dunp it and move, or just keep campin and enjoy the smells. what do ya think the next camper will enjoy the site as much as you did. could ya sleep at night or would ya go back to the same place next month

If you dump it in the river you can still enjoy the spot without the smell....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

go to outwest he comes around and collects you chit for a small fee.

Last edited by a moderator:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pour it in tex78's chest wader's. :d:beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solid tank I would not. Grey water I would. All it ever is in our trailer is dishwater. We dont pizz in our trailer. Dig a hole dump it fill it in. Only if we were bush camping. Never in a camp ground

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't own a trailer, so I'm not 100% about all the tanks. Grey water(doesn't contain human waste) could be dumped if you were bush camping in a remote area without many neighbors. But the black water tank. I think that could be a messy procedure. I know there is a pump and a hose but if you don't initially dig that hole big enough you are going to be sloshing thru your several day old mess to turn off the pump from getting on everything you own. You would definetly have to leave that area afterwards. I think a month would be enough to time to have some animals take care of the mess and get at least a sprinkle of rain to help clear it away.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Most are just gravity feed from the low spot on the tank, you slide a trap door open where the hose meets the tank to allow flow and to shut the flow down.

Way I see it is if you are "camping" (tent, no toilet, limited resourses) by all means go chit in the bush.... however if you are roughing it in a big trailer with running water from supply tanks, power from a generator, heat, television etc etc etc.... chit into your units tanks and disspose of it properly, black and grey but especially black...

I don't own a trailer, so I'm not 100% about all the tanks. Grey water(doesn't contain human waste) could be dumped if you were bush camping in a remote area without many neighbors. But the black water tank. I think that could be a messy procedure. I know there is a pump and a hose but if you don't initially dig that hole big enough you are going to be sloshing thru your several day old mess to turn off the pump from getting on everything you own. You would definetly have to leave that area afterwards. I think a month would be enough to time to have some animals take care of the mess and get at least a sprinkle of rain to help clear it away.

sassymudbug

Reaction score
Well considering that I only own a tent, and I can't even remember the last time that I camped in a campsite, we toss all our grey water out. Usually as far away from camp as we can carry it. Anything that will attract the local bears is kept a distance from our tents.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we have to bring it home with us, I just let 'R buck at the farm. Grey water I have had to drain, but it wasn't a big deal,.. mostly just soapy water.

Top Bottom