World Juniors!

zduck14

Reaction score
I think I'm just extremely excited to see Cody Hodgson play. This kid looks amazing.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im with ya on this,It is some of the best hockey anywhere,hoping not to miss any games!
catmando!

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
I LOVE IT! Saw Hodgson play here in Camrose. Kid does all the little things right, he is lighting up. Eberle is there which is also one I want to watch.

bsan1827

Reaction score
Yesterday's game was a complete joke and today's probably won't be much better. I can't wait for the New Year's eve game, that should at least be watchable. All I could do was feel sorry for the kazakhstan players, how encouraging can it be to have your head handed to you. There are some amazing players on this years team. Let's hope these weak teams don't dull their edge for when they play the stronger ones in the tournament.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's game was a complete joke and today's probably won't be much better. I can't wait for the New Year's eve game, that should at least be watchable. All I could do was feel sorry for the kazakhstan players, how encouraging can it be to have your head handed to you. There are some amazing players on this years team. Let's hope these weak teams don't dull their edge for when they play the stronger ones in the tournament.

I do agree that there are a few teams that shouldn't be in the tournament, its not good for either team involved. I was impressed with the class the fans and the players showed in that game. The Canadian players didn't rub it in by over-celebrating, the fans cheered when the Kazak's had chances and their goalie made good saves and the Kazak players themselves for not quitting and for not gooning it up, like sometimes happens in lopsided games like that. Hopefully tonights game is better. And those old school jersey's are sweet.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good game!!! What was the American coach so upset about? Sound was turned down on the T.V.

Bucky

Reaction score
That was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time, man can those kids move that puck around! The US coach was pissed because one of the canadian kids was let out of the penalty box 22 seconds early resulting on a 5 on 4 goal which i believe was the eventual game winner.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time, man can those kids move that puck around! The US coach was pissed because one of the canadian kids was let out of the penalty box 22 seconds early resulting on a 5 on 4 goal which i believe was the eventual game winner.
Oops! Guess I'd be pissed too.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is for sure some really good hockey , the best of the best.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
caught the 1st half of the game, then off to work... you can tell there was european refs out there.

Yeah, it's not only the fact that they are European referees, but also the fact that the IIHF rule emphasis is placed on their crack down of physical play (in contrast to the NHL's obstuction crackdown).

As a referee my self, it's great to be able to watch officals in a tournament such as this, because the games are not a "show", like the NHL, AHL, and WHL are. The officals in the World Junior games practice and implement the proper "Referee" positioning on the ice, and are not essentially working for the "entertainment" factor, as other people would argue the NHL is.

Either way, it's great hockey to watch, and I am hopeful about watching every game.
Best 11 days of the year, thats for sure!

Top Bottom