Wire Rope Car Fugger Uppers QE2??

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not in the center so they can mow the median with only one pass. If it's in the middle they would have to make two passes.
At least that's what I was told by Lawnmower Man

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no reason why the ropes are in the edge of pavement, other than there may already be a cable or cables in the centre of the ditch. there are all kinds of Fiber Optic and communication cables running in the highway boundaries. could be a # of reasons. usually money, easier to move 5 ft than reroute cables etc. in different areas of the highway there are 4plus fibre cables, carrying all the provinces communication lines for banks, government, military, and other highly confidental info. there is 1 spot where you can dig a 5 x5x5ft hole that can shut the province down. ;)

i may be the most dangerous man in the world?

friggin can't sleep

Definitely the most Dangerous on "Snow & Mud".......lol :d :beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Well I got to witness 1st hand and get an explanation why so are closer to the roads than others. They are designed to slow down semi that leave the road and reach the other lanes. it the hiways are closer together the closer to the hiway it will need to be according to their math equations. The cable will stretch and the force is transferred to the rest of the posts and will stretch and slow it down off the hiway but will not reach the other side. It is cheaper and way safer than guardrail a guardrail will launch a car back into traffic and a lot of trucks will roll over it. As for Mike hitting it with a bed truck to would keep it from hitting the other side if they weren't so high it would probably just go over but the cable might get caught up it and slow it down.
I don't understand the argument on the amount of damage caused by a vehicle hitting them that is the least of anyones problem don't put yourself in the position where you are going leave the road and hit one geez people come on is common sense is really become extinct?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrbUokgohk&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkjBw0j_oo&feature=related[/media][/YT]

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got to witness 1st hand and get an explanation why so are closer to the roads than others. They are designed to slow down semi that leave the road and reach the other lanes. it the hiways are closer together the closer to the hiway it will need to be according to their math equations. The cable will stretch and the force is transferred to the rest of the posts and will stretch and slow it down off the hiway but will not reach the other side. It is cheaper and way safer than guardrail a guardrail will launch a car back into traffic and a lot of trucks will roll over it. As for Mike hitting it with a bed truck to would keep it from hitting the other side if they weren't so high it would probably just go over but the cable might get caught up it and slow it down.
I don't understand the argument on the amount of damage caused by a vehicle hitting them that is the least of anyones problem don't put yourself in the position where you are going leave the road and hit one geez people come on is common sense is really become extinct?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrbUokgohk&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkjBw0j_oo&feature=related[/media][/YT]

yeah, common sense is not common. you can always make more money if your alive. although dumb usually costs money:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still think could get thru( maybe over)

mybe you could borrow posnics helmet cam and giver a try. try a few times to make sure ya get good footage. then post vid before any editing is done. if ya can if not whoever is with him should post. thanks.:d:beer::beer:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
mybe you could borrow posnics helmet cam and giver a try. try a few times to make sure ya get good footage. then post vid before any editing is done. if ya can if not whoever is with him should post. thanks.:d:beer::beer:
A few times???
Pretty sure this would be a one time only experiment...

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to decide, is it better to hit the cables or hit traffic coming at you head on? can you tell me which would you prefer, i prefer you pay attention Grasshopper.

friggin can't satisfy everyone.

I can tell you that I would prefer to stay the heck out of oncoming traffic this is for sure.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that I would prefer to stay the heck out of oncoming traffic this is for sure.

me too, can't see any thing good happening crossing #2hwy. damage is no fun, but if your alive, it can be replaced:)

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this last little blast of winter caused quite a few ditch bangers and out of a dozen there were only two spots where they made it across the barrier this looks like a good thing

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
i try to avoid #2 if possible ..Beacause,,if there is a crash and they shut the hiway down,,,your screwed,,,cant get off it,,,but sometimes i take the chance,,,to many people doing 150 ,160,,,i dont find it a relaxing drive .

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to rdc this am and had my A$$ rode all the way across the bridge and then passed by BMW at about 160 just for him to pull in to the exit lane two cars ahead of me. Not to impressed to say the least, it was slick on the bridge today along with the south bound hill.

Top Bottom